Director of Software Engineering
Director of Software Engineering
GBP100,000 - GBP150,000
The Company: Director of Software Engineering
My client is one of the largest diagnostics and genetic testing companies globally. With a team of more than 250 and with over US$60 million in strategic funding from Alibaba, Ping An Ventures, and more, the group has been pivotal in the fight against COVID-19. To date the business has performed more than 1 million PCR tests in Hong Kong and in the United Kingdom. The business works closely with both governments and came to international fame when it helped resume the season with the English Premier League and set up COVID-19 testing operations in airports globally, including Hong Kong International Airport and Heathrow Airport.
Furthermore, the group recently made an acquisition of an Oxford University spin-out company, who had developed a rapid COVID-19 test, with accurate results in 20 minutes. The group also operates two leading direct to consumer DNA platforms, CircleDNA and DNAFit.
The Role: Director of Software Engineering
As the Director of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for leading the development of our mobile and web properties. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and building great digital products for our users. This role will work hand-in-hand with the leaders of Product Management. We move fast and develop a lot of ideas so you will have to keep up with our pace and not be resistant to regular product changes. You will be able to show that you can hit deadlines and exceed expectations
Technical skills: Director of Software Engineering
- Engineering or computer science degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of software management on consumer facing mobile and web applications
Job Description: Director of Software Engineering
- Work with the product management to schedule releases and ensure high quality delivery
- Ensure we are following industry standard agile development methodologies
- Take responsibility for hiring and talent management
- Lead the development of portfolio of consumer-facing digital products
- Deliver native applications that look, feel, and respond to users in an elegant, fun and high-performance way.
- Establish and direct the strategic long term goals, policies and procedures for the software development program for all products as well as overseeing the development, release and maintenance of software applications.
- Translating functional product requirements into development specifications and building applications to meet these requirements.
- Evaluation of, recommendations for, and ultimate decision-responsibility for, technical product design, including architectural designs and all related technical decisions.
- Ensuring that new technologies are incorporated into applications, systems, programs and database protocols.
- Ensuring the quality assurance and build and release management for all consumer-facing software products.
- Ensuring that the company has access to new technology and products which can grow the business.
- Manage career growth and succession planning for the engineering team
How to Apply: Director of Software Engineering
Simply attach your most recent resume by following the APPLY link. All applications/expressions of interest are treated as confidential and no resumes will be forwarded to our client without prior written candidate approval.
To find out more about Huxley, please visit our website.
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy