Senior Account Manager
Senior AM will work alongside the AM and/or the Account Executive to ensure services are delivered to clients to specification, on time and against operational and financial business targets. The Senior AM will manage & develop senior client relationships whilst identifying opportunities to cross sell business solutions/services, taking responsibility for the implementation of new opportunities.
Client DetailsOur client is a global leader in sourcing and global category management.They bring decades of category expertise and cost savings strategies to benefit its customers in critical areas such as promotional items, in-directs, packaging and food and liquids spending.This is an opportunity to join a highly motivated team in charge of the sourcing & global category management of one of the biggest brands in the world. This role is based in the UK head office of our client, the world leader of the quick service restaurant industry, and will involve commuting regularly to North London.
Responsibilities of the Senior Account Manager
- The main aim of this role is to oversee the management of packaging-related projects, on time and budget.
- To be the main point of contact for our client and provide an exceptional service to them, especially with supply chain and operations teams of our client.
- Managing stock contingencies and ad-hoc supply challenges
- You will be required to deal with client queries and project manage the packaging projects from brief to production to launch
- Producing marketing audits
- Present design idea to clients and ensure their client systems are up-to-date
- Keep knowledgeable with market changes
Requirements of the Senior Account Manager:
- Minimum 5 years of proven business experience in customer facing role
- Experience of working in a supply chain / purchasing role, preferably in Packaging/Manufacturing
- QSR experience useful, but not essential
- Quality Assurance experience , preferably with packaging
- Must be proficient in Excel and handling/understanding data,
- Experience of managing & preparing budgets
- Experience of handling data and interpreting reports (good attention to detail)
- Some account management experience with key client
- Some understanding of the printing or/and packaging industry requirements
- Ability to lead a direct team, performance manage and develop people
- internal core support functions and to influence customers and suppliers in order to meet objectives
- Excellent project management skills
- Able to coach and mentor Account Manager/Executives
- Must have excellent organisational, written, spoken and time management skills
- Experience of operating within a fast paced supply chain environment
- Resilience and able to cope with ambiguity
- Experience of managing a broad range of simultaneous projects and work at speed
- Competitive Salary plus bonus
- opportunity for progression
- chance to join a successful sales team working with top global names