UK Customs Compliance Manager
Michael Page Logistics are looking to recruit a UK Customs Compliance Manager for a Global Logistics business.
Our client are a well-known market leader within international and UK logistics. The role will be based from the Heathrow operation but the person can be located anywhere in the UK. The position will focus on the compliance of the road transport network for the clients customers.
In the role of UK Customs Compliance Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
- Apply for and complete ongoing administration requirements for Land Customs authorisations e.g. temporary storage, bonded warehouse, transit simplifications and guarantees
- Ensure compliance to legislative requirements and corporate policies
- Review existing local compliance policies, create new policies where required, distribute, train and audit adherence
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with customs, other government departments and internally with branch managers and key staff
- Create and review work instructions for customs authorisations and provide training as required
- Audit at Branch level all customs activities and set up KPIs around the minimum quality standards required to maintain AEO
- Create and deliver In-house training on customs and trade compliance matters within the UK
- Review any external training materials and courses of relevance being used by the business and make recommendations for external training resources
- Attend meetings and seminars and represent the business with trade associations and disseminate information to the business
- Support operations and sales in customs matters on an advisory capacity
- Assist with BTI's, customer SOPs covering customs and provide general guidance on customs and trade matters
Assist with development of and changes to the customs software to ensure compliance
The ideal candidate will have operational experience of Customs and Trade Compliance and will have ideally worked within or alongside the Freight Forwarding sector. They must be a team player & have the ability to meet strict deadlines and targets and with proven people management skills. Good collaboration with colleagues in operations with an aptitude in understanding, analysing and managing and manipulating data will be key. You will need to be organised with the ability to prioritise workloads. The will be able to work under pressure and with attention to detail and have the ability to interpret Financial and Non-Financial Data.
You will receive a competitive salary and benefits along with the chance to join a true market leader within the logistics sector.