Head of Operations
Michael Page Logistics are looking to recruit a Head of Operations for an exciting business in West London.
Our client offer an on-line food delivery service of high end and quality produce from their new fulfilment center to customers across London.
In the role of Head of Operations you will be responsible for the implementation of the new fulfilment centre and the building and development of the team on site. You will provide a same day delivery across the city, offering customers exceptional product with best in class service.
- Senior manager on-site at the London hub
- Build and manage the London operations team
- Management of all warehouse and fulfilment facilities in London
- Design and project manage changes to the picking, packing and dispatch facility to implement next day delivery
- Procurement of all materials and equipment required
- Management of inventory processes and systems
- Optimisation of picking, packing and dispatch to ensure we meet our ambitious expansion plans
- Drive improvements in capacity, costs and service level
- Provision and maintenance of H&S systems and equipment
- Reporting on delivery and fulfilment success rate and costs
- Inventory management to ensure we can meet the growth plan including ordering, shelf life, traceability and quality control
We are looking to hear from candidates that have experience running a relevant facility and with an understanding of home delivery operations. Candidates must suit the DNA of the business which is passionate about customer experience. You must have an understanding of inventory/warehouse Management Systems and their implementation within the operation. Candidates with experience building new teams, relocating or making a start-up operation are encouraged to apply. In order to be successful in the role candidates will need to be highly organised, have excellent communication skills, be driven to achieve results and be highly motivated to progress their career. Candidates will also be required to demonstrate competency managing budgets, monitoring performance and reporting skills.
You will join this exciting business at a critical time and will have a great opportunity to help shape its future. You will receive a highly competitive salary which will be determined by experience and suitability.