Site Head of Engineering
Join a large blue-chip manufacturing business and support them on their engineering development strategy.
Our client is a large blue-chip FMCG manufacturing business that is going through a large change process in order to make their engineering function world-class. They are embarking on a journey to improve the businesses performance through people, culture, process, assets and infrastructure.
The Site Head of Engineering will manage a large engineering function and deliver a 5-year strategy to take a re-active, under-performing department and make it world-class. Through the ongoing support of the business and engineering director, this role will play a key part in the world-class manufacturing road map.
Other responsibilities include:
* Ensure Health and Safety is prioritised at all times
* Roll out a new engineering system, training and compliance across the site
* Develop and coach the engineering team to become a stronger, pro-active and collaborative culture
* Manage large CAPEX projects for adding, overhauling and replacing equipment
* Identify opportunity and oversee Continuous Improvement projects
* Work collaboratively with other functions on-site across operations, quality, HSE etc.
The successful Site Head of Engineering will have the following:
* A proven track record of improving an engineering department within a manufacturing environment
* Have ideally worked in FMCG manufacturing or fast-paced, high volume manufacturing
* Worked at a strategic level in engineering for delivering a 5 year + improvement plan
* Ability to communicate, empower and deliver change across the engineering function
* Ideally have an Engineering Degree - not essential providing a good engineering background
* Eagerness to take on a challenging and diverse role and deliver sustainable change and improvements
Competitive salary plus package