Senior Manager/Manager Public Sector & Infrastructure Economics
Senior Manager Public Sector & Infrastructure Economics
Global professional services firm
I am currently recruiting for Senior Manager & Manager Public Sector & Infrastructure Economics with a global professional services firm in London. You will:
- Providing expert advice (and guiding a team to provide it) on a wide range of public sector economics projects.
- Working in and leading multi-disciplinary teams and clearly communicating an economics perspective on relevant topics, both to your team and to senior stakeholders across the firm.
- Managing a portfolio of high profile client projects and wider practice development
- Oversee the development of more junior members of the team, including providing on the job coaching and development and delivery of training courses in your area of expertise.
- Contribute to the leadership of the economics team, including leading practice development activities and setting the strategy for the team.
We are looking for candidates with substantial professional experience most likely gained working as an economist in the Government Economic Service, but potentially gained working with an economics consultancy or international organisation or in a research background. The successful candidates will need to have substantial practical experience of applying Green and Magenta Book guidance on significant policy or investment projects.
Substantial experience leading projects across the policy cycle, including identifying and evidencing market failures and their impact on incentives, as well as delivering option appraisals, impact assessments and development of evidence-based business cases, as well as managing a portfolio of projects, often involving multidisciplinary teams. You will be expected to have excellent stakeholder management skills and be recognised as an expert in your area.
Whilst the successful candidates will work across a range of sectors, we would be especially interested in candidates with experience in one or more of the following sectors: energy; transport; housing and other local public infrastructure.
£60,000 - £100,000 + car allowance and bonus