Sole Counsel opportunity at a top UK accountancy practice.
Fantastic interaction with both internal & external stakeholders on a wide range of commercial matters.
Our client is one of the leading accountancy practices in the UK. Soon to be celebrating 100 years since their establishment, the business has grown from strength to strength on a unique group model focused on acquisitions and a national structure.
With entities across all corners of the UK, there is the opportunity to work closely with the Managing Partners of the business on a wide range of matters from the micro to the macro.
The Sole Counsel of this business will be responsible for up to 40 UK entities, with responsibilities ranging from the below:
- The review and negotiation of relevant business contracts (MSAs, framework agreements, engagement letters, NDAs, reliance letters, bank/loan agreements etc.)
- Supporting with review and negotiation of contracts with suppliers, subcontractors, resellers and strategic partners
- Advising on the resolution of contractual disputes
- Developing subject matter expertise in relevant areas e.g. GDPR
- Providing advice on new laws, regulations & professional standards
- Provision of legal advice to internal stakeholders
- Management of commercial disputes, customer agreements, Lease contracts, Service agreements, and IP and trademark matters
- Involvement of group-wide projects, as relevant
The successful sole counsel will be a UK qualified lawyer (or similar common law jurisdiction) with extensive commercial experience, preferably gained in-house. Prior experience in professional services or in a similar group structure would be beneficial.
An attractive six-figure package plus benefits for a sole counsel in London.