Financial Reporting Manager
Financial Reporting Manager
Up to £65,000 per annum + up to 25% Annual Bonus Potential
Stratford upon Avon (CV37)
15 Month Fixed Term Contract
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Reporting Manager to join our Financial Reporting and Controls team within Group Finance here at NFU Mutual. This will be a 15 month Fixed Term Contract reporting to the Financial Reporting & Controls Manager.
The main purpose of the role is to manage and control the production of financial data and returns to comply with all regulatory and internal reporting requirements, and provide technical financial insight to guide business decisions and safeguard NFUM's assets. Some of the key accountabilities will include:
- Plan, manage & review the production of comprehensive, accurate and timely financial data and reports to meet both regulatory requirements and internal reporting needs.
- Develop & monitor processes, systems and controls in order to manage and mitigate risk efficiently and safeguard NFUM's assets.
- Guide & advise on financial reporting matters to enable the business to make fully informed decisions based on a clear understanding of any implications.
- Anticipate and assess the financial impact of legal and regulatory changes in order to influence outcomes, communicate possible implications for NFUM and ensure on-going compliance.
- Build and maintain effective relations with regulatory and professional bodies to protect NFUM's reputation and ensure it is appropriately represented within the industry; and
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop direct reports so that they know what's expected of them, and can maximise their contribution to business objectives and realise their full potential.
As our Financial Reporting Manager, you will have the right mixture of technical knowledge- as well as being able to engage and communicate clearly with stakeholders at all levels. You will be the type of person that has strong leadership qualities to lead teams and can share knowledge- to upskill and coach colleagues. You will also be or have:
- A fully qualified accountant with a recognised professional body e.g. CIMA, ACCA or ACA.
- Knowledge of relevant accountancy principles and practices, management accounts and regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Insurance/ Financial Services experience (ideally)
- A progressive career history with Finance
- Experience within a similar role
- Proficient with all Microsoft packages & Finance systems, especially Excel.
- Ability to explain complex financial information in written and verbal form to financial and non-financial people
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good commercial acumen
- Leadership and management experience
What we can offer
Here at NFU Mutual we pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and have again been presented with the Gallup Great Workplace Award. Along with a supportive culture you can also look forward to some very attractive reward benefits such as:
- Competitive salary (up to £65,000 depending on experience)
- Up to 25% annual bonus potential
- Contributory pension scheme (company contribution up to 12%)
- 28 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (additional holiday purchase scheme)
- Individual Private Medical Insurance cover
- Employee discounts
- Gym subsidy
- Health and wellbeing plan
- Discounted Insurance on all NFU Mutual policies
One of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies, NFU Mutual has been meeting our customers’ needs for over 100 years. Our employees are important to us. We empower and inspire them to perform, offer opportunities to grow and we recognise and reward their contribution. They are proud to work for a company that respects them and broader communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable, so we are successful now, and in the future.