Senior Technical Manager
Technical Manager invited to join premium housebuilder looking after the Midlands region, focusing on Technical aspects of preconstruction from land viability forward. High trust and autonomous business with team collaboration as required.
Premium top 10 housebuilder who aspire to lead the industry in attention to detail, quality of build and innovation to be a leading provider of homes to the aspirational end of the scale. They've gone from strength to strength over the past 5 years and have equally ambitious plans over the next 5years to come. The region and team in question have a large geographical region, and are charged also with the growth of a new upcoming region also. They employ a strong team of intelligent individuals who are all afforded the luxury of full autonomy over their specialist area and remit, joining together to best determine solutions beneficial to the scheme.
This is a highly attractive role for the right candidate who has a desire to constantly learn and immerse themselves into the role, honing and developing skills to take their career forward. You will enjoy a versatile role across all technical aspects of residential development from land viability forward. Key responsibilities will include:
- To assist in the evaluation and appraisal of development opportunities, providing assistance on housing mix and relevant design constraints and project specific inputs that contribute into layout designs and the provision of information and technical solutions to accompany the land identification and initial evaluation process through to the land purchase process
- Appoint, brief, challenge, assist and manage consulting engineers and other external consultants and agencies in the delivery of cost-effective design solutions.
- Actively manage external consultants to ensure that all pre-and post-development technical information is received, co-ordinated, checked for purpose and efficiency and distributed (using Coordinator and/or Development Assistant resource) on time and within budget, liaising closely with Group Technical.
- Work in close liaison with the Regional Planning Manager and negotiate where necessary with Statutory Authorities, Local Planning Authorities, Consultants etc. to ensure projects achieve the set objectives and programmes.
- Invite fee quotations, analyse quotations against budgets and appoint chosen consultants following approval from the Technical Director.
- Advise the region on changes in technical matters as they affect the efficiency and performance of the region.
- Ensure all technical files are maintained and are up to date in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Authorise and commit expenditure up to the Group approval limit.
You must have worked within volume residential development and have a Civil Engineering bias. You will have enjoyed a senior position previously and understand the basics of managing a small team. Beyond this,
- Organisation = key, as is the ability to prioritise tasks in order to achieve deadlines.
- Pro-activity = key
- Motivation, positivity, inquisitiveness and commercial acumen = essential.
- Personality = mandatory.
This is a great role that will allow you to build on your current experience, and gain deeper involvement into all aspects of technical, naturally placing you in an excellent position for further progression. The company is just about to begin a new journey of exceptional growth, which you will be a leading part of! Starting salary is competitive with a fabulous bonus up to 25% and company car/allowance.