Head of Operations
You have the chance to join an established, specialist chemical manufacturer with an extensive customer base. This is a company that is committed to advancing their operational efficiency and as the Head of Operations, you will be leading a cross functional team in continuing to deliver against customer expectations.
This leading chemical manufacturer supply an array of specialist products and is looking to do so in the most effective and efficient way. This Head of Operations position is really important to the business as they continue to evolve, responsible for leading the team into the next phase of their journey. You have the chance to be instrumental in driving best practice through improving their manufacturing processes.
This is a rare opportunity to truly impact an established business as it continues to grow as well personally develop as this becomes a directorship role. Coming in as the Head of Operations, you will have the exciting challenge of optimising the site operation and inspiring and developing your teams.
- Overall management and accountability for the production, engineering, quality and safety functions to meet the company's output/performance targets
- Set annual budget for Operations Department and prioritisation of budget and cap-ex expenditure in line with the business' plan
- Supporting commercial strategies with customers and suppliers
- Lead managers to ensure compliance with all HSE/Quality policies and procedures within production and engineering operations
- Drive quality and environmental initiatives in order to achieve ISO14001/9001 objectives
- Reinforce expectations on safe working behaviours
- Process and capacity improvement, embracing new technologies, utilities management and savings, carbon net zero, waste minimisation
- External liaison as required with customers, sub-contractors, suppliers and other external bodies
- Ensure site security policy measures are maintained
- Main site contact if required in emergencies, accountable for safe operation, cost effectiveness and operational excellence
If you are an Operations Manager with chemical manufacturing experience, this is a great opportunity to add value to an organisation and develop yourself and your career.
- The successful applicant will have a degree in Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Experience in HSE requirements and process safety management (preferably gained in a COMAH environment)
- Experienced leader with ability to manage, coach and develop others
- Commercially aware, with the ability to manage cost and budgets effectively
Circa £65,000 - £75,000 + Car, Bonus (Relocation Support Available if needed)