Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager must work at pace across multiple land vehicle system pursuits, collaborating closely with the Commercial and Engineering functions of the group as prospects move through business development process from prospects into opportunities and eventually into long term sustainable relationships.
Well established Defence manufacturer. An agile and commercial business with extensive engineering pedigree that is well respected across industry. The client has a global footprint and engaged with UK and international primes.
My client is a solution provider in the global armour and tracked vehicle combat mobility markets, and they are growing their high integrity engineering offerings. With a solid order-book and world leading offerings, they need you to makes sure our domestic armed forces and global allies have superior combat mobility.
You will have a proven track record and will hit the ground running. You will be assigned pursuits, mostly outside of UK and US markets, based on your skills and multicultural experience. Their is some flexibility as to your host country location.
The Business Development Manager will:
- Generate new business by leading the end-to-end business development process including shaping customer requirements within the defence land-systems domain.
- Shaping the market space for new products and creating new opportunities in the UK and ROW
- Develop marketplace information, customer and competitor intelligence to inform of product development and business development strategy
- Communicate the voice of customer to the leadership team and manage customer expectations
- Draft, review, negotiate and agree; agreement, MoU's, contracts and other legal documents for and on behalf of the Company within Authorisation Limits.
- Create, maintain and be responsible for delivery of delegated aspects of the order intake plan
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, mentoring and supporting their professional development and succession planning where appropriate
- Work flexibly with ad-hoc capture teams as required to win new business - with role varying from leading, participating, developing and motivating as required.
- Lead the development of bid and proposal, develop the price to win, provide inputs to the cost/price estimates and lead negotiations.
The Business Development Manager will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Science or equivalent experience
- Successful and experienced international Business Developer with a track record of success in defence or related high integrity engineering markets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a network of customers and businesses
- A knowledge of vehicle mechanical structures and working parts.
- A comprehensive understanding of capture planning including price-to-win Experience of defence, military, automotive or high integrity engineering
- Experience with international compliance legislation for defence products and services
- Able to obtain a relevant security clearance
Salary and package commiserate with the role.
Role is home based with flexibility as to your host country location