Director, Knowsley Safari
An exceptional opportunity to take charge of this award-winning visitor attraction and to ensure that it continues to connect communities with the natural world. At the same time, lead the business in seeking innovative ways to grow and inspire.
- Lead the Knowsley Safari business and play a key role as part of Knowsley Estate’s Senior Leadership Team. Shape and deliver Knowsley Safari’s strategic goals thereby ensuring Knowsley remains an exemplar in the zoological industry, known for its outstanding guest experience and first-class welfare and husbandry standards.
- Lead by example, ensuring an environment that is conducive to operational excellence and leverages the team’s commitment to be the best. Promote a collaborative culture underpinned by creative thinking, clear communication, and mutual trust and respect.
- Take full responsibility for the successful financial, commercial, and operational performance of the business, working closely with the Financial Controller to drive revenues and deliver operational efficiency.
- Act as an ambassador for Knowsley Safari to ensure positive working relationships with the local and wider community. Manage external stakeholders including commercial partners, consultants, and local authority representatives.
- A passionate, charismatic, and entrepreneurially minded business leader with a proven ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Possesses a track record of delivering commercial and operational success ideally within the visitor attraction, hospitality, or leisure sectors.
- A natural communicator who inspires confidence and brings a clear focus on building an inclusive culture that supports innovation and personal development.
- Energetic, tenacious and ‘hands-on’ with strong attention to detail. Empathetic and diplomatic, with an ability to create successful partnerships.