Head of Life, Investments & Product Protection
Head of Life, Investments & Product Protection
Wythall B47 6WG
Competitive Salary + On target bonus of 30% up to 60% + £8,000 Car Allowance + 10% Company Pension + Flexible benefits
At Phoenix Group, our talented people act with integrity, deliver on promises and care about our customers, charities, and our role in the wider economy. We’re really proud of our legacy of helping our customers plan responsibly for their future. We utilise our diversity of outlook and unrivalled expertise to serve our customers better than anyone else. Working together for the right reasons we can achieve great things; for you, for our customers, for the business, and for society as a whole.
We’re currently recruiting for a Head of Life, Investments and Protection to join our Product Management Team in Heritage Customer.
The role holder will have responsibility for the end to end management of these products in Phoenix and SLAL, ensuring they continue to behave as expected, meet the commitments we have made to our customers and continue to offer good value to all of our customers. The role-holder will also manage a team responsible for the implementation of all product-related regulatory change across SLAL and Phoenix.
About the role
This is a high-profile role that focuses on delivering real value to both our customers and the company by leading a multi-disciplined team overseeing our operation of these products to ensure that they continue to meet our customers’ needs and remain in line with developing regulatory needs and industry best practice.
Within the role you will build effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders to support the delivery of regulatory change and product improvement initiatives, oversee the handling of individual case referrals and advise the wider business (both Open and Heritage) on the technical aspects of current and proposed propositions.
We are looking for an experienced leader with significant industry knowledge of life, investments and protection products who is confident to proactively engage with colleagues throughout the Group, modelling best practice and supporting effective risk management.
You will report to the Head of Product Management and form part of a small Product Leadership team which provides a shared service into both the Heritage and Open divisions, interacting with all of the business units.
- Overseeing and sponsoring a number of concurrent project initiatives to improve our propositions and keep them up to date with current regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
- Owning the risk assessment for customer outcome risks against all of our life, investments and protection products in SLAL and Phoenix.
- Owning and implementing remedial actions required to address any product-related incidents or short-comings on relevant products.
- Own and oversee all internal referrals on relevant products, seeking pragmatic solutions in a way that facilitates great outcomes for our customers
- Utilise external market knowledge and industry insight to inform both thinking and action, maintaining a focus on the delivery of good customer outcomes and the sustainability of our business
- Be the credible expert on relevant products both internally and externally with regulators and in industry forums, representing the Phoenix position on matters with authority.
- Providing internal reporting and updates to key stakeholders and committees.
- Extensive life industry experience with strong product knowledge, technical expertise, and strong understanding of the regulatory and legislative frameworks within which we deliver for customers.
- Excellent influencing, negotiation and communication skills, evidencing the ability to build and maintain relationships with varied stakeholder groups at all levels of seniority both internally and externally, balancing appropriate outcomes for both customers and the Group.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and issues where possible before they arise, deciding on an effective course of action both independently and as part of a senior leadership team.
- Resilient and experienced in working under pressure showing the ability to juggle many moving priorities whilst demonstrating the ability to think in diverse and creative ways and establish and focus on priorities at an appropriate level of detail.
- Governance and risk management experience with sound risk assessment skills, showing the ability to decipher complex information, to find solutions and take ownership of actions that reduce risk and drive better customer outcomes.
- Experience of managing teams of subject matter experts to achieve team goals.
- A nurturing approach to people management and development of self and others, recognising the need to adapt and change in line with our customers and our business needs.
- Experience of successfully managing large teams of skilled professionals across multiple sites and developing staff.
- Wider risk management background or experience.
- Experience of managing strategic projects or change programmes subject to external oversight.
What We Offer
Bring your ‘whole self’, skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we’ll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We’ll ensure you’re rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It’s not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we’re a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It’s our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people’s stories, our values and our commitment to diversity.
Online Interviews and Onboarding
All our interviews, onboarding and new joiners are now managed remotely. We have in place a strong virtual support network to ensure new colleagues are supported and developed as they navigate their first few months with us.
Phoenix Group is a member of the FTSE 100 index and is the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business. We specialise in the acquisition and management of Heritage life insurance and pension funds. We’ve businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland and hold a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe. Our open business manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs, primary under the Standard Life brand. And we market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife’s market leading Guaranteed Over 50’s plan?
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.