2 days left
- Operations Manager for a growing automotive solutions provider
- Opportunity to enhance Customer solutions and operations development
My client is a leading Automotive Solutions provider based in Swindon they are looking for an Operations Manager to lead and develop the Warehouse Operations and customer solutions. They are within the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Sector and deliver solutions across the UK.
The key Responsibilities will be inclusive of;
- Working in conjunction with the Financial Operations Manager assume responsibility for P & L on a daily/weekly/monthly basis for all aspects of the operation;
- Actively participate in the forecast and budgeting process;
- Optimise use of available resource in line with customer scheduled demand to achieve profit targets for the contracts;
- Ensure that there is a full financial recovery for all out of contract activity;
- Maintain operational standards in line with company & Contract expectations;
- Continuously improve business through the use of error proofing and process improvement.
- Lead and project manage the set-up of any new contracts
Customer Service and Development
- Working with the Managing Director and Business Development colleagues within to develop service contract offerings and nurture new mechanisms for generating commercial value from company's service business;
- Meeting with customers and positioning service contract offers to them; establishing their feedback and using it to shape future customer value propositions;
- Actively seek out and assist in new business projects to increase revenue and profits;
- Direct liaison with key customers carrying out regular visits to customer sites, including participation in customer reviews;
- Ensuring that customer requirements are met in a timely and effective manner;
- Maintaining and growing existing service contract base, and optimising current contract efficiency.
Management and Leadership
- Provide leadership, coaching and support to the operational management team to maximise individual and team performance ensuring that all direct reports possess clear objectives and their performance is reviewed against these objectives utilising the PDP process.
- Review with the managers to ensure that each associate has a PDR and an appropriate plan is in place and that it is followed up.
- Provide succession plans and opportunities thereby reducing future skills shortages;
The Successful candidate for the Operations Manager role will have experience within the following;
- 10 years automotive transport, distribution and/or warehouse management experience;
- Highly motivated and innovative with a strong desire to see things through to a successful conclusion;
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to develop ongoing relationships;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to maximise own and others development and capability;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal within a diverse environment;
- The ability to effectively manage multiple projects;
- Strong working knowledge of contracts and delivery;
- Demonstrable experience in managing large budgets;
- Thinks and operates both strategically and tactically - to suit the situation;
- Ability to identify and introduce continuous improvements;
- Strong IT skills - self-sufficient in various Microsoft and databases.
The successful Operations Manager will receive;
Salary - £50,000 - £55,000
Use of Pool car for Business Travel
Discretionary Bonus Scheme