Director of Sales and Marketing (UK and International)
A highly profitable privately owned B2B consumables business who have over 100years of expertise delivering technical safety solutions for their industrial clients.
Requirement for a Director of Sales and Marketing (UK and International)
The business is seeking to appoint a driven, energetic and experienced leader, with a proven track record delivering growth in revenue and margin.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong Sales and Marketing Director with a new appointed CEO and experienced executive leadership team to deliver the strategic plans and goals of the company and develop and lead in a prioritised expansion:
The candidate must be highly experience in technical sales, have significant exposure to manufactured / industrial branded businesses and B2B Multi-step distribution.
In addition, through their excellent leadership and communication skills, they must be able to manage and motivate remote multicultural international teams.
- Deliver functional & regional strategic plans and rolling key customer plans
- Own the growth of the gross and net sale lines as well as margin (at standard) for the global business and meet or exceed budget commitments. Deliver annual and 3-year rolling brand, product & customer plans.
- Lead the ongoing design and delivery of objectives for the team
- Drive key projects and key account processes to improve efficiency, customer management, and service offering.
- Lead the commercialisation and introduction of new product development.
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives and effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Manage the sales forecasting processes globally and deliver rolling annual marketing plans and product category P&L's
- Lead rolling brand & product category strategies and, together with the Head of Innovation, the new product funnels and cradle-to-grave portfolio management
- Achieve and exceed sales revenue, and margin (at standard) targets.
- Manage (including necessary training) the full global sales and marketing team through a structure of managers to deliver regional plans and targets.
- Commercial experience in a manufactured / industrial branded business and in B2B Multi-step distribution
- Experience of technical selling with a good grasp of the technical concepts that underpin the performance characteristics. Must have a “techie” passion for the product
- Significant understanding of pricing discount and rebate architectures
- Experience in implementing and using ERP & CRM and turning customer insights into commercial action
- Experience of leading both product and brand marketing teams and working with/ managing strategic marketing agency relationships. Digital strategy experience is also a must
- Ability to manage and motivate remote multicultural international teams
- High EQ and a team player, able to lead, drive and motivate teams
- Strategic and Tactical
- Dynamic and Results oriented
- Strong communicator
- Highly organised
To apply for the role please attach an up-to-date CV as well as current location and remuneration details.