Global Head of Enterprise Security - Engineering
Global leadership responsibility within enterprise security
Innovative, fast paced engineering business
The company is an innovative engineering company, who are taking a pragmatic approach; transforming cyber security in order to enhance their business resilience, enabling colleagues to move fast, delighting their customers, and better managing potential cyber disruption.
Investing in new cyber security capabilities across technology, process, and people, they are building on and leveraging their strong cyber security ecosystems to tackle future threats
Global Head Enterprise Security (Architect & Engineering)
- Providing technical and people leadership and being responsible for the development, implementation, communication, maintenance and governance of the cyber security strategy, technical architecture and road maps for Enterprise Security
- Working as part of the Cyber Security leadership team, you will become the trusted adviser of Cyber Security expertise in your areas, pro- actively providing security leadership and guidance to business divisions, IT leadership teams, project teams and 3rd parties
- Developing, embedding and managing a world- class Enterprise Security Architecture, Engineering function (covering Enterprise IT solutions, Business Applications and Manufacturing Security), ensuring Enterprise IT, and company business units operate within a well-defined cyber security risk appetite, including regular monitoring, reporting and escalation of security events
- Responsible and accountable for enterprise security architecture, infrastructure hardening, security best practice and security consulting on cyber security elements of business and IT-led initiatives. The role requires both team management and hands on technical security expertise, and an ability to think strategically to help define cyber security
- Responsible and accountable for enterprise security engineering and operations to industrialise world-class cyber security solutions, and ensure security operations are supported by well-defined SLAs and relevant service management metrics for performance.
- Manage Enterprise Security Architecture & Engineering BAU and Project Budgets, work across cyber security functions to prepare business cases for new initiatives, and periodically review financial forecast /actuals
- Manage vendor & supplier commercial relationship, continuously explore and implement cost effective measures to optimise security investment
- Influencing a broad range of senior stakeholders in various teams across the business, including IT architects, developers and engineers, programme managers, and business data owners. Therefore, you will need to build rapport quickly and project confidence in your actions and recommendations. Throughout your tasks you will ensure your recommended solutions are cost effective, observe industry good practice, exhibit appropriate security governance, and that the technologies you choose are adequately implemented
- A highly self-motivated individual with positive mindset & can-do attitude, and a strong believer of "Security as an enabler" to support business
- Expert knowledge and hand-on implementation experience specific to Network & Infrastructure Security, Application Security, Cloud & Mobility Security (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, CDN), Data/Database Security,
- Expert knowledge of security tools, techniques and best practice within enterprise
- Expert knowledge of DevOps practices and embedding security in the software development life-
- Expert knowledge of current industry security threats, challenges and mitigation
- Strong understanding of IT Security Controls (FW/IPS/IDS/DDOS, NGAV/EDR/MDR, Identity Access Management, Zero Trust Access, SIEM & SAOR, ).
- Practical knowledge of industry standard frameworks (ISO 2700x, NIST, ITIL, etc.), best practices (CIS, SANs, OWASP, CSA) and regulations.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing Enterprise Security Architecture and Engineering services
- Demonstrable experience of supporting project teams with high and low-level security consultancy, design and delivery, with a wide- ranging understanding of security considerations across key technologies across market-leading solutions in Network, OS, SaaS applications, public cloud,
- Demonstrable experience of developing strong partnerships across senior management teams within complex businesses, you'll possess the strength of character and conviction to make tough decisions when
- Strong knowledge for managing various type of security partners and vendors, including service management and financial cost
- Ability to evaluate & articulate risks, develop consensus, raise awareness and provide thoughtfully considered security solutions to various key business.
A salary of £110,000, 20% bonus, pension, private medical