Java Developer | Spring | £600DR | 6 month Contract
Java Engineering position working within the data services squad, focusing on medium to large enhancements to the Java components in the existing Data Integration chain.
a Multinational retail Bank
- Develop, implement and unit test the required solution, respecting BNP Paribas best practices, standards and tools
- Follow theSAFe Agile process
- Translate stories into technical solutions.
- Plan, design, perform and manage all tests required to prove acceptance and non regression of the change
- Own the change from initial design through to go live
- Take part in peer group code reviews
- Identify risks and issues, and help monitor them
- Document solutions for maintenance and support.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- University degree
- Or equivalent professional experience.
Computing Skills Required:
- Excellent software design, coding, documentation and analysis skills
- Demonstrable excellent knowledge of Java and Spring
- Very good database skills preferable: T-SQL
- Proven experience programming on at least one large scale system (large data or compute volume)
- Optional: the candidate should have worked as a developer on at least one large financial system
- Optional: industry experience of scripting using Python
- Optional: knowledge of risk management, especially market or counterparty risk
- Optional: some practical experience of Oracle Coherence, Platform Symphony and other High Performance Computing technologies
£600 per day
6 months rolling contract