Head of Logistics
This role is key as my Client continues to expand their UK operation. The role will lead the Logistics function, which in turn offers project management and day to day shaping of their warehousing and distribution footprint.
My Client have a great reputation within their sector, known for great quality product and pricing.
As they enter their next planned phase of growth they are looking for a experienced Head of Logistics who can be part of this journey.
By challenging the norm and focusing on world class customer service you will be key in delivering this through the logistics function.
Playing a major role in identifying and project managing a new UK DC, working collaboratively with the Board of Directors in ensuring this site meets both short/medium and long-term company needs.
Provide a best-in-class end to end supply chain & logistics solutions.
Oversee the operations of the Distribution Centre, including people, health & safety, systems, processes, productivity management and capacity planning.
Work closely with your own and other departments to ensure a program of continual improvement in systems, processes and cost control.
Provide the Logistics team with clear and achievable goals and objectives in order to ensure the team is managed and motivated at all times.
Mentor Management/Supervisory team members to develop them as individuals and strengthen the team as a whole.
What you'll need:
* Ideally having worked in Retail/E-Commerce/Automotive Sector.
* Experience in managing a UK-based distribution centre with branch network/multi-channel capabilities
* Proven experience in overseeing the implementation of major system and process change including WMS.
* Has worked in a medium sized developing company with a commercial influence.
* Working with and managing 3rd party inbound, DC operations and outbound relationships including selection, all contractual and detailed operational management requirements
* Experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams and influencing and interacting at Executive level
£70,000 - £75,000
£7,000 car allowance