Head of Financial Accounting & Control
- One of the UKs largest housing associations is looking for Financial Controller
- Excellent opportunity to join a large progressive housing association
About Our Client
Guinness has been providing homes and services for over 125 years. Since we were founded, we have built thousands of homes across England. Now, with 66,000 homes and 140,000 customers, we're proud to be one of the largest affordable housing and care providers in the country.
However, our world is changing. We know we've got to be financially strong to achieve our aim, to keep investing in the homes we've got and to build new ones.
As a consequence, we've set some ambitious targets for the future. We want to be an organisation that is strong, stable, and resilient and that maximises financial capacity to deliver more new homes. Alongside this we want to provide an amazing customer experience and be a brilliant place to work for our employees. This role is key in helping us achieve this.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Reporting & Management Information, you will be responsible for leading and managing the Financial Accounting & Control function.
- Leading the Financial Accounting and Control function to deliver high quality and timely consolidated financial statements and statutory reporting for group companies.
- Delivering a successful year end and acting as the key liaison between the external auditors and The Guinness Partnership
- Managing the provision of a high-quality finance systems offer across Guinness, utilising best practice and available technology
- Lead on projects to deliver continuous improvement in the delivery of financial accounting and control activities, working across the organisation
- Leading and managing an ambitious team of 7 people
The Successful Applicant
You will be a CCAB or equivalent qualified accountant with a proven track record of achievement, with the ability to drive and manage a diverse workforce. The ideal candidate will have worked in social housing or other relevant industries, with experience of managing a team. You will have ideally led a couple of year end processes and developed or been part of developing a successful auditor relationship.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a high performing team and make a real impact on a growing organisation. We believe this to be one of the most exciting opportunities of its kind currently in the market.
What's on Offer
Salary - £80,000 - £84,000 plus benefits
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE0420212566740Z