Head of Finance (No.1) | High-growth SaaS | Recently private equity-backed
Finatal is representing a fast-growing and already market leading, B2B software business based in London as it looks to appoint a Head of Finance, following recent private equity investment.
After several years of rapid growth, the business has secured significant PE investment, which, alongside the appointment of impressive industry leaders to board, will support an ambitious plan to accelerate this growth in a rapidly transforming marketplace, whilst simultaneously progressing further towards a SaaS model. The business already has an impressive portfolio of clients with a market leading retention rate and a plan to more than treble in size in three years. All these factors will lead to significant value creation as the business drives towards an exit in the medium term.
At this pivotal time in the business’ growth journey, the COO needs a talented, senior finance professional to lead and develop the finance team/function, help drive improvements across the business and provide strategic input at board level.
Reporting directly to the COO (who is a former CFO) and with close interaction with the board/investors, the role holder will have full responsibility for all accounting/commercial finance operations across the group and a mandate to drive change/improvement projects. Given this platform, there will be the opportunity to secure the Finance Director role in the medium term.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Attendance at strategy meetings, suggesting areas to improve profitability, operational efficiencies and revenue growth
- Business partnering with global teams across all departments
- Leading an effective finance team to meet deadlines, seek efficiencies and foster strong relationships across the business
- Mentor finance team, focussing on career development of team, setting individual and departmental KPI’s in line with the company’s strategic objectives
- Work closely with the operations team, including analysts, to identify, develop and report on key KPI’s and metrics across the business to inform decision making
- Providing performance analysis & variance commentary of budget vs forecast, analysis of ARR and key SaaS metrics
- Developing accurate modelling tools to provide financial & commercial analysis on revenues, upsells, downsells, churn, ARR, margins, , COS, headcount,overheads, etc
- Streamline processes and improve internal controls, processes and procedures to deliver accurate and timely reporting to inform decision making
- Leading on key business projects, such as systems integrations, evaluation and implementation of an ERP system and ARR/SaaS analytics and reporting tools as well as supporting the implementation of a new PSA tool
- Management and reporting on working capital requirements
- Lender reporting and covenants
- Build key relationships with Finance providers, Banks, Auditors and key stakeholders across the business including regular interaction with the PE investors and lenders
- Oversight of monthly consolidation and reporting pack including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow performance
- Ownership of the quarterly board reporting
- Ownership of the monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting and forecasting cycles
- Oversee P&L and cash flow forecasting to management on a weekly basis
- Ensuring all statutory filings including VAT and payroll returns are submitted in a timely manner
- Review of monthly payroll and commissions
- Adhoc tasks and projects as required
Given the progression opportunity this role would suit a driven candidate with an accounting background who possesses strong commercial instincts / the ability to think strategically, an excellent work ethic and experience in a SaaS business or a PE-backed business more generally.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with 6-10 post-qualified experience
- Experience of having led a finance team in a sub £50m, high-growth business
- A strong technical accountant with good knowledge of statutory accounting, processes and controls
- Highly skilled people manager who is committed to getting the best out of their team
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong experience in FP&A
- SaaS/Industry experience and/or Private Equity experience advantageous