A PE backed I.T and software business on a rapid buy and build requires an M&A Director to lead on the development of the acquisition pipeline, and to ultimately lead on all deal origination work for the group. The focus of this role is very much on origination, with the wider team taking ownership for delivery and execution of the deals, as well as the resulting integrations.
- The M&A Director will ultimately be responsible for deal origination and for delivering heads of terms with vendors.
- Lead on the generation and coordination of a qualified deal pipeline that compliments and adds to the businesses existing product offering and services.
- Continually go out to market and generate new business.
- Identify and fully assess leads and opportunities to develop a strong and consistent deals pipeline.
- Critically assess the impact of each potential acquisition on the group.
- Lead on deal structuring.
- Develop detailed, complex operational and valuation models.
- Build a first-class knowledge of each business to be acquired and ensure strong relationships are built with senior leadership and employees alike.
- Work on a marketing and sales strategy which results in inbound opportunities.
- Assist the M&A Manager with the execution and delivery of acquisitions.
- Work with internal resource to ensure the complete and successful integration of all newly acquired businesses.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of M&A with experience in running deal origination processes, building investment models, valuations, etc.
- I.T Managed Services/Telecoms/Connectivity/Cybersecurity/Cloud based deals experience.
- Either from a Top 10 Corporate Finance/TS/M&A team, a small/mid-tier investment bank, or boutique M&A Firm.
- Confidence and a track record in new business generation
- Track record of building a pipeline of acquisitions that fit with a business’s long term growth strategy.
- Self-confidence/appetite to lead on business development activities.
- Proven track record in organising & attending meetings at Executive level.
- Experience in a private equity buy and build environment (preferred)
- Excellent communication/influencing skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Proven ability to operate as a “player Manager” and in a hands-on manner within a scaling business.
Apply for M&A Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly