Chief Commercial Officer
5 days left
- High Growth Legal / Tech Business
- Board-level Strategic Role
About Our Client
Our vision is clear: Empower and educate businesses through smarter legal services.
We are a specialist litigation and commercial law firm, pioneers in re-framing the delivery of legal services, using our legal expertise and ground-breaking digital tools to proactively manage, educate and deliver business solutions to clients, reducing their legal risk.
We specialise in the education and prevention of legal crises in the first place. Our people are focused on sharing difficult-to-access legal knowledge through innovative digital channels so clients can easily access the information faster and tackle commercial risks before they become a costly legal problem.
To do this, we have built a multidisciplinary team of solicitors, legal advisors, IT and in-house developers, design and media specialists whose combined strength makes us a powerful advocate and champion for businesses across all industry sectors, helping them to navigate and evolve in an ever-changing environment of regulation, compliance and litigation risk. We have over 130 full time team members and we are continually growing across four key strategic office locations - Hull, Leeds, Birmingham and Glasgow.
We're now looking to appoint a Commercial Director with strong commercial leadership experience to take rradar through its next stage of growth. Reporting to the CEO the purpose of this role is to lead rradar through the commercial landscape, refining and implementing rradar's commercial growth plan, to achieve rradar's vision of becoming a next generation legal services business, providing legal and other business services through a powerful human / digital hybrid.
The Commercial Director will be responsible for supporting product development and pricing, identifying new market opportunities, developing and implementing a targeted sales strategy and overseeing client relationship management, driving high client satisfaction.
This is a significant position in the business, operating as part of the Senior Leadership team, and informed by the overall rradar business strategy and plan, the successful candidate will be expected to refine the commercial vision and plan and bring this to implementation.
While the role will be based at our offices in Hull, and a proportion of the time spent there, it is expected that many aspects of the role can be performed remotely or conducted from our other locations in Birmingham, Glasgow or Leeds.
- Strategic Development - Shape and refine the commercial plan and its continuing evolution.
- Sales Strategy - Develop and deliver effective sales strategies to achieve revenue growth targets.
- New Market Opportunities - Explore potential new revenue streams, working across the Leadership team to develop new distribution strategies.
- Market Intelligence - Seek, evaluate and feed in market intelligence to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Legal Officer and Marketing Director to inform product, content development and customer strategies, to ensure that products improve in line with market and customer expectations.
- Contribute to the development of the Product Development Plan, alongside the CTO and Chief Legal Officer.
- Strategic Relationship Management - Develop strategic, high-level relationships with key clients in all sectors, and implement and oversee an optimal client relationship management framework at all levels.
- Business Development - Oversee new customer engagement from initial contact, through to business proposal and tender, contract negotiation and implementation.
- Leadership - Build and maintain an effective business development team, driving a high-performance culture where people are motivated to achieve and exceed targets.
- Reporting - Develop sales forecasting and planning solutions to provide regular reports on business development activities.
- Financial - Manage and control business expenditure within agreed budgets.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have a proven commercial and sales leadership track record, with demonstrable experience of growing a business of comparable size. This prior experience will have demonstrated a strong history of commercial insight and negotiation, alongside creative, client-focused problem-solving. A sound insurance sector knowledge and know-how will also be important.
Critical to the role are the skills of leadership and change management as it is essential that the commercial growth strategies are brought to execution with the total engagement of the full range of stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to think and operate at a strategic level
- Ability to eloquently convey complex ideas, with a good instinct for identifying business opportunities.
- Highly attuned communications and people leadership skills with the ability to motivate and lead a business development team, providing innovative sales and incentive methodologies.
- High level of commerciality and financial literacy with the ability to read and interpret data, analyse trends and provide resultant insights and solutions
- Strong practical knowledge of sales methodologies and techniques
- Strong understanding and practical experience of undertaking market research and intelligence
- A close eye for detail (review and approval of contracts)
- Ability to operate comfortably with complexity and ambiguity.
- Resilient when facing and overcoming challenges
- Grounded, pragmatic and delivery-focused
- Exemplary project management skills
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package, flexible working with offices in Leeds, Birmingham, Glasgow and Hull. This role is being managed by Page Group on a retained basis. All speculative applications will be routed back to Page Group for assessment.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFEJN0320212551970Z
Apply for Chief Commercial Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly