Business Development Manager, software startup, home based - to GBP80K
Business Development Manager, cloud software, SaaS
This software start-up, backed by parent company with presence around the world including London, APAC, mainland Europe and USA the group are continuing to develop our suite of test automation tools for the online commerce sector, including Real Time cloud reporting and excellence in agile testing within the CI/CD and DevOps world. This offering should be considered as a start up opportunity, albeit with the full backing and support of major software services group, with a developed and maturing product set, this is a fantastic opportunity for an dynamic individual to take ownership and bring the business to next level of maturity with exceptional rewards for those willing and able to show passion, commitment and ability to grow the business.
You will be working at the highest level with clients, prospects and agencies to drive our positioning, revenue and multi-product strategy. You will be responsible for implementing structure, sales rigour and business processes that ensure professionalism and discipline to deliver results maximising profitability, ROI and our future on the worldwide stage.
This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial and upcoming business leader with a record for exceeding business targets who would like to be part of our continuing technology success story.
The role as we see it, but to be defined by you;
- Use your network to help develop and win new clients and strategic partnerships.
- Represent us at industry events and conferences and develop an external profile, being known as industry and digital expert
- Present publicly through public speaking opportunities, press interviews, internal events with our partners
- Take leadership roles and represent us within industry bodies.
- Work with marketing to develop case studies of successful campaigns in order to share insights with customers
- Maintain excellent relationships with each customer through regular communication and meetings
- Build and maintain C-level relationships with our largest customers, strategic partners and channel partners.
- Maintain extensive product knowledge by developing internal relationships across all product and client service teams
- Provide vision, motivation and inspiration to the team, enabling them to develop, grow and meet commercial objectives
- Set the strategy and vision for the company growth, influencing & providing input into the development of new propositions and products
- Collaborate closely with the relevant internal stakeholders/partners - this includes CTO, Product Owners, Global director for HR, Sales, Marketing and Legal.
We are led by results, but think you may have some of these core strengths;
- Functional: you are first and foremost a dynamic upcoming hands-on leader who has evolved into a strong business leader.
- a track-record of exceeding business growth, revenue and profit goals
- Domain: you will ideally have cloud software SaaS experience and as a minimum, a very solid understanding of the digital world, ideally with good understanding of cloud first, devops and test automation cultures.
- Commercial strength: a track record in breaking into new accounts and a strong familiarity with the E-commerce or B2C sector and the relevant stakeholders in the marketing and digital functions as appropriate
- Cultural: experience of working in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial and global environment; emotional intelligence
- High integrity and strong interpersonal skills
- Someone who is willing to be challenged and who aims high
- Highly analytical with a strategic mind set and a data-driven approach
- Hands-on and personally able to drive and lead client relationships, whilst knowing how and when to delegate
- An excellent work ethic, sound business judgement and results orientation
- Ability to influence across functions and motivate others who may not report to this role directly
- Self-motivated and highly flexible. Self-reliant and manages pressure well