Senior Technical Project Manager - Copper/Fibre Networks
Senior Technical Project Manager
Fibre Networks/Copper Networks/Telecoms/Prince2/IP Core Network/Optical Network
Salary: GBP65k per annum and GBP500/month car allowance
A fantastic permanent opportunity has arisen to work for a successful and innovative IT Consultancy company as a Senior Technical Project Manager. We are seeking an experienced professional with excellent communication skills, as well as a good technical understanding of copper and fibre networks. You will have direct responsibility for a team of 3 project management professionals and budget responsibility for GBP15M.
The successful candidate will have proven experience as a senior project or Programme Manager with a technical understanding of telecoms and copper and fibre networks.
You will be working within a positive culture, where employees are well rewarded and have opportunity to progress, acting as the customers' technical and operational representative and liaise with customers and stakeholders where required.
- Planning, scoping, and delivery of project functions in support of the Transformation Programme and Projects
- Project management of the engineering and implementation teams producing detailed network designs and testing the end-to-end solution
- Apply project management principles and techniques to enable successful delivery of project products and deliverables
- Setup and management of gate review process for project workstreams
- Strong and effective Stakeholder Management
Skills, Experience and Qualification:
- Experience of effectively managing and owning project/programme budgets over GBP5M
- Ability to create clear and concise documentation
- Preferably a PRINCE 2 Practitioner or a certified Project/Programme Manager
- Previous HMG programme/project environment experience an advantage
- Ability to manage 3rd party suppliers effectively
Permanent Employment Benefits:
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Company Rewards Scheme
Please apply with your CV for immediate consideration.