Job Title: Business Analyst - 6 month contracts
Rate: paying Gross PAYE GBP379/day/Umbrella GBP487/day (before deductions)
Location: Preston though currently remote during Covid.
Advantage Resourcing are recruiting on behalf of a global engineering client in Preston for a Business Analyst to support the successful delivery and benefits realisation for IT and Business Transformation projects.
We're seeking candidates who can offer demonstrable experience of working on IT projects where you will have been analysing and documenting complex business processes and driving and delivering business change.
As a Business Analyst, you will be carrying out requirements management, process development and business change, across a number of concurrent projects within the Enterprise IT Portfolio of Projects. This role will provide you with the opportunity to provide early stage and full life cycle consultancy to senior business and project stakeholders in order to help shape projects, establish feasibility and see them through to delivery. This includes identification of project stakeholders, supporting definition of project scope and objectives and developing benefits to support the business case.
Your main responsibilities as a Business Analyst will involve:
- Performing BA duties on medium/large sized projects as the sole BA, and/or support work-packages on a larger project or programme
- Working with the Project Manager in identifying project stakeholders, defining the project scope and its business justification.
- Collecting, analysing and gaining approval for critical success factors and business requirements
- Planning and leading workshops with stakeholders at all levels for requirements and business process capture and documentation
- Developing and gaining approval for system requirements (functional and non-functional)
- Being responsible for ensuring change control and change management procedures are followed within the project team as they relate to requirements
- Supporting development teams, third party suppliers and test communities by acting as the voice of the customer on projects
- Where required, acting as the Business Change Manager, being responsible for developing and driving the business change management activities in line with the wider project activity. This may involve working with Business Change leads and Transition Teams
- Supporting continuous improvement through feedback on the existing processes.
- Providing the Project Manager with estimates for BA tasks for further project phases and status reports for BA activities
Your skills and qualifications:
- Have strong experience of eliciting and documenting requirements for technical projects, including leading workshops for requirements and business process capture.
- Have demonstrable experience of working within a structured and well governed IT Project environment.
- Have demonstrable evidence of analysing and documenting complex business processes
- Have demonstrable evidence of driving & delivering business change.
- Have experience of delivering work streams across multiple simultaneous projects.
- Have proven experience interacting directly with end users and technical project stakeholders as well as senior stakeholders.
- Experience of Stage Gate delivery processes such as PRINCE2 and non-PRINCE 2 delivery methodologies eg agile
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.