Finitas works with innovative tech startups and scaleups across the UK and the rest of Europe.
We are recruiting a
exclusively on behalf of Steady - an innovative business which enables bloggers, online magazine editors, podcasters, YouTubers and visual artists to publish, grow their audience and make money through memberships.
Steady enables digital media makers and creatives to claim their independence through connecting with their audience and offering memberships. Steady was founded in 2017 and just one year after its launch, the Berlin-based startup cracked its first million in membership revenue. More than 1,000 media makers use Steady to receive regular income from their community.
In 2019, Steady was awarded the European Digital Media Award for Best Paid Content Strategy, alongside The Guardian. By the end of 2020, Steady had paid out over ???10 million in membership fees to publishers. Since March 2021, Steady has offered strong voices the opportunity to start their publishing journey directly with Steady and publish content for free, as well as sending newsletters and collecting subscribers. Steady is available in eight languages and international Steady publishers include gal-dem, Gay Times and The Quietus from the UK, Louie Media from France, Slow News from Italy and Inclusiv from Romania.
As COO/CFO you will be responsible for:
- Product-related payment infrastructure and customer transactions as well as legal and tax-related terms.
- Daily operations including accounting, finance, budgeting, human resources and legal.
- Management of existing operations (ie customer support) and finance teams and recruiting new employees.
- Initiating and reviewing commercial plans including pricing strategies and target markets.
- Partnering with the CEO in co-ordinating and managing cross-company projects and communications.
- Advancing organisational effectiveness and business planning.
- Several years of leadership experience within a startup or SME environment.
- Qualified accountant (or finance specialist) as well as some experience in either operations, HR or legal.
- Professional experience in managing international payment methods and billing is a plus
- A track record of cross-functional operational leadership and experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced and high growth environment.
- First class academics such as an MBA or another similar qualification.
Generous benefits include a long-term incentive plan. This role is an opportunity to make a significant impact in an innovative growth environment at a critical time. Although Steady are based in Berlin, this role may be 100% remote. If someone has a good reason to work four rather than five days a week, this will be considered too.