SAP Contractor (Engineer to Order & Change Management)
SAP Contractor (Engineer to Order & Change Mgt)
Start date: ASAP
Rate: GBP652.80 per day LTD/Umbrella//PAYE GBP490.95
Duration: 6 months
Clearance: Must have UK Nationality and be able to gain SC clearance
One of the UK's largest defence contractors are looking for an SAP Contractor to join their team in Portsmouth
A successful candidate will play a key role in the SAP Programme organisation and is responsible for the design, configuration, analysis and support of the SAP Engineer to Order & Engineer Change modules/solutions, including the related integrations and user interfaces to meet the business needs of Babcock cross divisional processes. Travel to various locations will be required from time to time visiting internal customers.
Proficiency in specialist level design, configuration and functional support for the SAP solutions in the Engineer to Order and Engineering Change modules of ECC 6. Excellent design, configuration knowledge of Production Planning (PP), Project Systems (PS), Engineering Change Management (ECM), Process Manufacturing (Batch), Workshop Refurbishment, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and SAP MM (including MRP)
Excellent configuration, support and business process knowledge of Engineer to Order and Engineering Change processes and related user interfaces and the processes and data it supports as well as configuration dependencies and integration points between separate functional modules of SAP Procurement & Supply Chain (Project Systems/Finance/Timesheets/Ariba/Asset Maintenance/Fleet Operations/HR).
Working closely with our customers to deliver, maintain, troubleshoot and enhance SAP functionality, the Engineer to Order and Engineering Change contractor adds value to the Neptune (SAP) organisation through their technical and business process knowledge of this area.
Participates in user requirements gathering, blueprinting & documentation designs. Assist with responding to user requirements, problem resolution, develop designs, and process modelling.
Ensures all Business Processes, Functional specification, Technical specifications, Test scripts and Training documentation are created and up to date. with an understanding the business methodologies, procedures and processes and how the application supports the processes for Engineer to Order and Engineering Change.
Ensure compliance to existing standards, and development of required data and reporting standards.
Perform initial testing of problem fixes, change request, enhancements, and new functionality.
Work with the Service Desk, SAP Functional and Support analysts to facilitate incident & problem resolution where required. Work with SAP and relevant third parties to resolve software issues.
Keep abreast of SAP releases, enhancements/new functionality and perform application research.
Support business implementations by sharing best practice configuration skills. Conduct configuration changes to accommodate change requests and prototype activities. Ensure the integrity of the SAP Engineer to Order and Engineering Change configuration in the SAP systems across multiple landscapes.
Demonstrate proof of concept and assist in training activities. Participate in release upgrade or new functionality/enhancement assessments and make recommendations.
Key skills and qualifications:
- A university degree or relevant experience in SAP ETO, PP, PS PLM, MM solution
- 5 Years of hand-on Engineer to Order and Engineering Change solution architect/consultant, for large Assets (Ship Building) configuration and support experience.
- Excellent understanding of business processes and integrations within Engineer to Order and Engineering Change related solutions required to deliver the service.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills. Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment. Management of reporting and change programmes.
- Previous experience as a consultant or customer facing experiences (Internal or External). Focus on delivering customer service and quality solutions.
- Should be comfortable working in a team and leading when required. Experience working in an environment where negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills are required. Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- PLM/PDM tool integration with SAP
- SAP Aerospace and Defence and Ship Building/Maintenance
- exposure to IT Governance
- working with large SAP Programmes or SAP System Integrator
- ITIL Framework.
- Line Management
- Domain Expertise in Engineering & Construction will be a plus.