Agile Business Analyst
Harvey Nash are delighted to working with on the UK's leading Technical Agencies that has a need for an Agile Business Analyst to report directly to the Programme Director.
Taking input from our Product Management team, the successful candidate will act as the day to day communication point with our UX and Development functions across a number of key projects, whilst helping to develop consistency of approach across the BA function.
The initial engagement period will be 3 months paying 425pd, with the possibility to extend to 6 and the role sits OUTSIDE of IR35. Its a homeworking role (must be UK based).
You will carry out the following responsibilities:
* Helping to establish the standards for detailed Agile story writing in our Digital Experience team
* Working with the Product Managers, Project Managers and Account Managers in identifying and defining change requests
* Working with the design and development teams through the lifetime of the project as it evolves to clarify the stories and the understanding of the downstream teams
* Functional decomposition within projects - breaking down high level stories into atomic detail
* Defining out business rules
* Improving story definitions to match UX and UI designs
* Adding detailed acceptance criteria to aid test case definition
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have:
* Experience working as a digital business analyst, ideally for web development agencies and/or software houses and for global clients
* Experience working on Agile projects, the majority of which using either the Microsoft Azure DevOps platform (ideally) or Jira (at least), to define epics and stories to a level at which developers can confidently use those stories to develop their solutions
* Familiarity with collaborating remotely using a variety of online tools
* Experience of defining company standards
* Experience of compliance with accessibility and security standards
Softer skills will include:
* The ability to establish a good rapport with clients and team mates alike
* The ability to nurture and train less experienced team mates in their Agile journey
* A good understanding of the needs of UX designers and developers in achieving project goals
Please apply now for immediate consideration or contact James Westwood at Harvey Nash for a conversation on the next steps.