Operations Director (Yorkshire, B2B Services)
4 days left
Our client is an award winning, data science led, performance marketing agency and consulting business. The business helps FTSE 250 companies and other corporate clients find smart solutions to deliver profitable growth and build brand value. The company uses its unique expertise to create compelling insights from complex customer behaviour and builds these into effective digital marketing, customer engagement and portfolio management activities. The company has been going through some notable change over the last 18 months and due to continued plans for transformation the business is looking to recruit a suitably experienced Operations Director, to work very closely with the CEO and senior managerial team in this exciting stage of growth and transition.
To lead the operational planning and delivery of work across 4 divisions (Creative, Data Science, Performance & Media Science, PR), via an Operations Manager in each division and a team of Project Managers and Resource Planners.
- To own the recording of operational time across the business, against different types of work, enabling analysis of divisional profitability, client profitability and departmental utilisation.
- As part of the budgeting and reforecasting cycles, and in conjunction with the divisional directors, to review and plan resource requirements across key delivery teams.
- To own and enhance the flow of work between Front and Middle Offices across the UK business, and the optimisation of processes to ensure delivery.
- To manage a team of Operations Managers embedded within each Middle Office division, and, where applicable, teams of Project Managers and Resource Planners reporting into those roles, so as to deliver client work on time and to the required standard.
- To challenge the commercials of projects/contracts that do not appear to be profitable.
- To champion Operational awareness and consideration amongst the Exec team
Skills & Experience Required
Suitable candidates for this role will have proven Operations Director leadership track records and excellent knowledge of marketing. Candidates don’t necessarily have to have had marketing agency experience but throughout their careers will have developed good knowledge of marketing and how it works.
Our client is looking to attract successful Operations Directors with a breadth of skills and experience. Key requirements are:
- Delivery-focused “can do” attitude
- Strong operational ethos, based around processes, data and evidence
- Experience of developing and bedding in new processes
- Able to appreciate client perspectives
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good commercial perspective and P&L awareness
- Resilient personality without being confrontational
- Able to both lead a team and be a team player
- Able to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously
- As above, experience in a Marketing discipline, gained on either the client or supplier side
- Ideally, experience of working with more analytical or IT-based teams
- Proven ability to coach and develop employees
- Based in reasonable (commutable) proximity to either Sheffield or Leeds
Please email your CV to George Woodward from Novo Executive Search who is handling this assignment for us.
Apply for Operations Director (Yorkshire, B2B Services)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly