1 day left
International Engineering and manufacturing company based in Somerset are looking for a Plant Manager to guide them through a site move and transition into international centre of excellence.
Long standing successful business based in Somerset are going through an exciting period of investment and growth. They have been acquired by a larger engineering organisation who are developing the business to become an international centre of excellence. They design, develop and manufacture specialised products. They are committed to engineering innovative technical solutions for Advanced Industrial, Electronics, and Medical & Scientific applications. Their engineer's partner with OEMs to develop technology solutions that deliver on their speciality. With significant investment already committed into the business they plan to move into a new purpose-built premises and factory. You can become an essential part of this exciting transitional period and lead from the front.
The Plant Manager for the Somerset Manufacturing Operation manages and coordinates the manufacturing and engineering operations that produce highly precise and complex optical components. She/he directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, quality and other production-related activities.
The Succesful Plant Manager based in Somerset will need:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or other related degree required. Advanced degree in Engineering or MBA, a plus.
- 10 years of related manufacturing management experience, including experience at a recognised world class manufacturing company.
- Prior experience and strong understanding of highly precise and complex, continuous flow manufacturing process operations (a must)
- Working knowledge of supply chain and material management best practices.
- Demonstrated use of Lean or Kaizen principles and evidence of establishing a continuous improvement culture.
- Ability to balance strategy and detailed tactics as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to manage manufacturing facilities across multiple production lines.
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise and knowledge of the manufacturing of precision mechanisms.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience of operations
- Understands and has implemented lean processes.
- Must be capable of communicating effectively with subordinates, peers, corporate leadership and service providers within the organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, executing and leading cost reduction, product line transfer, production projects and programs in multi-discipline teams.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
Excellent salary and package