Principal Solution Architect
1 day left
We are looking for a principal solution architect to help us realise our business vision of a cloud "vehicle connected and data platform" that will provide our customers, suppliers and partners with seamless connected services delivered through an industry-leading global platform.
The principal solutions architect will work closely with stakeholders to define and evolve a system architecture to meet functional / operational needs.
At Jaguar Land Rover, we are re-imagining the future of modern luxury by design through our two distinct, British brands.Our brands are steeped in a rich tapestry of timeless designs that resonate with people, creating an emotional attachment, an intimacy, that is truly unique on the global stage.We will become a more agile creator of the world's most desirable luxury vehicles and services for the most discerning of customers. A strategy that is designed to create a new benchmark in environmental, societal and community impact for a luxury business.Jaguar and Land Rover will offer pure electric power, nameplate by nameplate, by 2030.It is our aim is to achieve net zero carbon emissions across our supply chain, products and operations by 2039.
The principal solution architect will be responsible for but not limited to:
- ensuring architecture team has a clear and agreed understanding of the architecture runway
- The architecture team has a clear and agreed understanding of scope, context and use cases for the next programme increment (PI)
- The architecture team has a clear understanding of architecture requirements, technology standards and reference models for the next PI
- Software engineering teams have an approved architecture ahead of development sprints
- The architecture demonstrates dynamically how the needs of key stakeholders are realised
- The solution is pragmatic and can demonstrate commercial value through clear cost/benefit analysis.
- The structure of the solution provides rigour and clarity on the division of responsibilities and dependencies across the engineering teams
We require a principal solutions architect that has a background in:
Previous exposure working as a solution architect accountable for delivering, describing and governing end-to-end systems architecture, exposure in a leadership position, providing direction to a team of architects
- Architecture Development Methods
- Solid experience of the solution architecture discipline, ideally as part of a recognised agile SDLC
- Experience of developing architecture using a recognised framework, e.g. TOGAF
- Ideally from a software engineering background
- Desirable Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Data intensive applications
- Cloud architectures
- Message-driven architectures
- Real-time data and stream processing
This is an exciting time to Join our Digital Engineering Team in our Manchester office and you will be working on some of the latest cloud, Data and connected vehicle technology.
The role offers a principal solution architect an opportunity to help us shape our system architecture, work with amazing cutting edge technology and be an important part of our digital strategy moving forward.
In addition to flexible working and working from home, we also offer 20% of your working week dedicated to personal development relating to your work and also have a great benefits package including company car available.