Lead Developer / Solution Architect
We are looking for a Lead Developer / Solution Architect to help us achieve our architectural vision for connected vehicle and media cloud system. you will be a valued member of our Global Digital Development Centre Team.
This role sits within the software development centre for digital engineering in Manchester and will focus on the software architecture for various elements of our connected vehicle and media cloud system.
At Jaguar Land Rover, we are re-imagining the future of modern luxury by design through our two distinct, British brands.
Our brands are steeped in a rich tapestry of timeless designs that resonate with people, creating an emotional attachment, an intimacy, that is truly unique on the global stage.
We will become a more agile creator of the world's most desirable luxury vehicles and services for the most discerning of customers. A strategy that is designed to create a new benchmark in environmental, societal and community impact for a luxury business.
Jaguar and Land Rover will offer pure electric power, nameplate by nameplate, by 2030.
It is our aim is to achieve net zero carbon emissions across our supply chain, products and operations by 2039.
As the Lead Developer / Solution Architect your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Helping design architectural elements of our connected vehicle and media cloud system
- Production of solution architectures for components of the off-board elements of the digital platform
- Work closely with the software engineers to ensure implementable architectures can be created
- Implement and work with Technical Design Authorities
- Manage architectural risk across their architecture domain
- Assisting in choice of technology solutions in the support of the domain
- Assuring high quality, fit for purpose, solution designs, which meet functional and non-functional requirements
We require a Lead Developer / Solution Architect that have backgrounds in:
- Java, Cloud Technologies (AWS/GCP), API's, Microservices architectures, Interaction with mobile environments, Security, Data (Relational/No-SQL)
- Proven track record of working with anything related to cloud solutions
- Used to working in agile/DevOps driven software development environment
- Strong exposure to Agile/Scrum based methodologies
- responsibility as practitioner in the role of Solution Architect or equivalent
- being accountable for overall systems architecture for one or more projects
This is an exciting time to Join our Digital Engineering Team in our Manchester office and you will be working on some of the latest cloud, Data and connected vehicle technology.
The role offers a Lead Developer an opportunity to move into an architectural role, or an existing architect to sharpen their skills with some amazing cutting edge tech.
In addition to flexible working and working from home, we also offer 20% of your working week dedicated to personal development relating to your work and also have a great benefits package available.