Head of Procurement
- Contract Type
My client, an Engineering company (circa 900m turnover) is currently looking to recruit a Head of Procurement on a permanent basis, reporting into the Senior Vice President of Procurement.
The role will focus on both direct and indirect procurement. Therefore, it will be your responsibility to lead the procurement set-up by creating a mutually coerced category by category program, establishing maximum delivery in the most effective and agile way possible.
As the Head of Procurement, your responsibilities will include:
- To develop and successfully implement a strategic sourcing strategy for the client.
- Responsible for ensuring the right contractual framework to deliver on the priorities and ongoing performance KPIs.
- Ensure group procurement is fully efficient in line with key business change.
- Implementing a procurement system which guarantees cost-reduction, on an annual basis.
- Leading contract negotiations with essential internal stakeholders.
- The first year will focus on designing and executing a new operating model for the client’s procurement function. Once this is formalized, you will be responsible for maintaining a business-as-usual operation, ensuring maximum cost reduction year on year.
The ideal candidate:
- MCIPS qualified.
- Extensive experience in a senior Supply Management / Procurement position including international exposure and collaboration.
- A robust knowledge of supply chain key issues and challenges from Strategy, Planning, Logistics, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sustainability.
- Experience of working at a senior level to structure programmes within a major consultancy or strategy organisation.
The most appropriate candidates for this role will be one’s who have already undertaken senior leadership transformational Procurement positions, and feel comfortable dealing with C-Suite level colleagues, preferably within a blue-chip business environment. Experience within the engineering space is not a pre-requisite, however, leading similar transformational procurement programmes is preferred.
Apply for Head of Procurement
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly