Head of Operations
- To take overall responsibility for the Warehouse & Carrier Operations, from the receipt of goods to customer delivery, ensuring the safe and efficient movement of stock.
- To support the strategic development of the Group as required.
- To coach and develop the senior management team.
My Client are the market leader in their sector.
Operating within the e-commerce sector they continue to develop and evolve their customer offering.
- Promote and ensure compliance with all Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure that the operations are managed efficiently to meet productivity targets and budgeted costs, monitor and report to the Board as appropriate.
- Audit the costs and performance of all Warehouse & Carriage contracts to ensure accuracy and in line with expectations.
- Ensure that corrective action is taken as appropriate to address issues raised across all channels.
- Escalate risks to the on time and accurate delivery of orders to customers.
Strategic Planning & Operational Development:
- Lead the Operation's, giving clear strategic direction.
- Ensure that plans are prepared and implemented to meet the changing requirements of the Group.
- Take overall responsibility for the delivery of Budgets, Development Plans and Forecasts.
- Work with the Directors to develop and implement the Strategic Plan.
- Undertake regular reviews with internal stakeholders to ensure the delivery of objectives.
- Communicate operational plans, requirements, and achievements regularly and clearly to direct reports.
- Identify obstacles to achieving the Strategic Plan and propose solutions.
- Negotiate terms with local and international carriage and freight forwarding companies to ensure cost effective outbound distribution.
- Lead by example and encourage an environment that promotes diversity, trust, and respect for all.
- Provide regular training and coaching to the senior management team as necessary to achieve performance indicators whilst finding ways to maximise their skill strength and expertise.
Must be available to start employment within the next 4-6 weeks
Have operated at a Senior Management level within fast paced logistics environments, preferably e-commerce.
- Proven success in leading a similar scale of operation across warehousing & carriage.
- Experience in delivering successful project implementations.
- A strong focus on H&S & operational improvement.
- A keen interest in coaching and development.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to solve problems.
- A solution driven approach focusing on working to and exceeding targets.
- A strong commercial instinct in relation to the impact of your role and departments on customers and the business.
- An awareness and interest in developments and activities within the industry and their potential application to the business.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment and self-motivation towards achievement of objectives.
- Resilience and the ability to maintain standards when under pressure.
- High standards of work, attention to detail and can be trusted not to compromise on safety or quality.
£70,000 - £75,000
Five figure bonus at the end of the assignment
Opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest growing sectors