Global SVP Community & Communications
Our client is a high-growth, globally dispersed organisation set to play an integral part in the DeFi industry. With proven, differentiated and highly-scalable blockchain technology at the heart of the organisation, this is an open-source project set to enjoy huge success as part of the new, tokenised economy that is already evolving at remarkable speed.
In this newly created role, the Director will be accountable for the ongoing development and execution of the community, communications and marketing strategy across the organisation.
Please note that there is significant potential for the precise scope of this role to be reshaped and redesigned by the successful candidate. The comments below are intended to be for context purposes only.
On the Community related remit, there is a clear opportunity to help bring clarity, calm and composure to the globally-dispersed community, in all its guises. Furthermore, the Director will be responsible for growing the size of the community, developing a strong and robust group of enthusiasts and supporters, who can contribute to the ‘project’ as node operators, investors, harvesters, advocates, evangelists, developers and/or clients/customers.
Aligned to the management and growth of the community, is a wider remit relating to communications, with the Director responsible for maximising the visibility of all current and future products and services. The communications strategy needs to ensure that there is the greatest possible awareness of projects within all current and target markets/channels, and that the organisation's involvement within the wider blockchain ecosystem and within the new economy is further enhanced as a result of a first class communications strategy.
Supported by an in-house brand and marketing agency, the Director will enjoy overall accountability for the brand and marketing strategy relating to all current and future brands within the ecosystem.
- Strategic and operational
- Professional, methodical and structured, whilst also being agile, empathetic and emotionally intelligent
- Familiar with the challenges of ‘cutting through the noise’ in blockchain/crypto/DeFi/New Economy/Web3.0
- Used to operating globally, leading a diverse team that deliver a 24/7 solution
- Comfortable overseeing a community team that acts with great sensitivity with regards to anyone and everyone who feels they have a ‘voice’
- Strong and effective leader, able to bring enough structure and discipline to exert an appropriate degree of control and governance, whilst also staying aware of the nuances and fluid nature of the sector
- MD/SVP level experience gained within a Community & Communications role, ideally within blockchain/crypto/Web3.0/DeFi