Managing Director - Capital Allowances Experts
- A unique opportunity to lead a reputable firm of capital Allowances experts
- Prior Capital Allowances experience is non-essential!
About Our Client
Our client are specialist real estate Tax Advisors, combining qualified Tax Advisors, Chartered Certified Accountants and Chartered RICS/MCIOB Surveyors. Over the last decade, they have become one of the most respected national players in the Capital Allowances sector. Their team of 20, spread across four offices, are perfectly positioned to help anyone involved in real estate access the benefits of their due Capital Allowances.
With a team already boasting two Capital Allowance experts at Director level, the focus of this position is to bring a commercially minded individual into the organisation who can provide leadership across the wider business and act as the face of the Practice.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Provide leadership and inspiration across the firm.
- Provide cohesion to bind disparate departments/individuals into a smooth-running team.
- Overseeing and development of the management team.
- Firm wide KPIs, recruitment and motivation of senior staff.
- Provide high level negotiations and client resolutions.
- Working especially closely with front office sales & marketing teams to ensure cohesion with the rest of the business.
- Managing strategic partners and top end clients.
- Negotiation and agreeing of complex/large instructions.
- Providing the public face of the firm through a combination of presentations, webinars, videos and articles etc.
- Providing a sound board for, and approval of, marketing initiatives.
- Wider tax knowledge to put advice on a solid foundation and facilitate offering of more rounded advice as and when required.
- Acting as a key team player, assisting with project managing workflow during busy season and helping to relieve pressure on the critical path.
- Bringing an injection of commerciality to corporate strategy and planning. Spotting and acting on commercial opportunities arising from the ever-developing tax landscape.
- Corporate governance in conjunction with existing executive team e.g. budget setting, reporting to board etc.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant does not necessarily need to be an expert, or even have any prior experience of Capital Allowances. However, It is important that you have a strong wider tax knowledge but most crucially, the leadership and commercial skills needed to be successful in such a key role.
The successful candidate will be/have:
- ACA/CTA/ACCA qualified with upwards of 7 years' experience working in Practice.
- Experience managing larger teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Operating nationally across the UK, you will be required to build and maintain relationships with the firm's clients and other Accountancy Firms.
- Seasoned presenter with a proven track record. This can include videos, presentations, webinars, articles or other creative outlets.
- The ability to position the capital allowance product in relation to wider or more complex tax affairs.
- Proactive in helping with the development of the wider team in order to assist/meet its objectives in line with the overall firm strategy.
- Willing to develop the client's practice both from a P&L and team development perspective and leverage the internal client base and market (high level, not like cold calling) externally the capabilities that the firm has.
- Business development will be a pivotal part of the position, although a sizeable client portfolio of work is already well established.
What's on Offer
Salary circa £65,000 - £85,000 per annum depending on experience and qualification status.
Competitive benefits package.
Potential to gain equity in the business in the future.
Chance to work within a specialist organisation with an excellent reputation in their field.
If you would like more information on this role, or the benefits on offer, please contact Joseph Potter on 07773478653.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFEJN0320212371370Z