Senior Procurement Manager
You will lead the strategic procurement activities across the business with a focus on capex, MRO, and services expenditure. Leadership and operational management of key stakeholders, as well as your immediate team, will be crucial to the sucess of the individual in this role.
Michael Page are working with one of our large clients in the North East to find a suitable candidate with experience in: energy & utilities, capex/major construction, professional services, MRO & site services.
The Snr Procurement Manager will lead the site procurement and materials control function by supporting the strategic direction of the company-wide procurement arm, and building an organisation that will expertly execute procurement and material control processes, all appropriately integrated with other departments.
You will promote strategic and operational guidance in the key areas of company-wide volume aggregation and standardisation, supplier base optimisation, and the development of cost-saving synergies across all functions and locations.
You will need experience in CAPEX, MRO, Professional Services and indirect procurement, and ideally you'll have a background in Energy, Utilities, Petrochem/chemicals, heavy industry/plant.
You will lead the site based procurement team to deliver to the long term and annual goals of the procurement function in alignment with the business and site specific plans.
Serves as the owner of the procurement process at the site and engages strategically to transform procurement processes and increase accountability of procurement in alignment with the business.
Participates in the long term strategic plan and the annual goal setting process addressing the key areas of cost, safety, risk, reliability, continuous improvement, technology adoption, supplier innovation and service.
Creates a highly collaborative procurement and materials control culture by providing the appropriate level of communication, governance and metrics.
Understands and leverages knowledge of the company's and competitor's products, industry trends, and superior business practices, and integrates the same into procurement operations in ways that achieve competitive advantage.
Develops and executes the risk management plan that addresses key risks in contract management, supply, supplier management and procurement processes.
- MCIPS or relevant degree required
- Significant experience in procurement, supply chain, engineering or other commercial experience with at least 5 years at the senior level
- Track record of delivering results in complex areas of spend
- Experience in developing and deploying strategies and processes
- Experience in managing strategic relationships
- Excellent technical knowledge of good procurement practice including negotiation, demand management, supplier qualification, sourcing, bidding and contracting, supplier performance management and risk management
- Knowledge of Oracle, SAP, Ariba and other procurement systems
- Experience in heavy industrial environment, knowledge of chemical manufacturing and major capital projects