Business Development Manager
The main focus of the Business Development Manager - Europe is to win business. This will likely be achieved by mapping, connecting with and pitching to new clients. There are already many clients that can be used as case studies when pitching for new work, plus for any sizeable deals the Sales Director will likely provide on the ground support.
Our client is a telecommunications business that provides connectivity solutions to MNOs and MVNOs. They are headquartered in Dubai, although this role will be hired out of the Middle East and be based remotely in the UK. The business has an enviable track record in bringing sales people up to speed fast and seeing them succeed.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager will include:-
- Building and maintaining an accurate and relevant contact database of potential MNO and MVNO targets
- Infiltrating, managing and building relationships with said contacts
- Qualifying yourself and the business by supplying trial orders
- Travelling to and meeting with key connections as and when required across Europe
- Keeping track of tender opportunities and registering for as appropriate
- Reporting accurately on both revenue and progress on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Pitch and win enterprise level solutions
- Frequent travel across Europe
In order to apply for the Business Development Manager - Europe, candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to win enterprise level business in the connectivity space. There is a high expectation for this role to be a key building block for future business, so although this is a stand alone role candidates with some management experience would be good. Other contributing skills are:-
- Pan European sales experience - how many countries for how long
- Experience building a market from a limited base independently
- Understanding a lengthy sales cycle - 6-18 months in some cases
- An entrepreneurial mindset - can see opportunity where it may not be obvious
- A hunter mentality - this is a high expectation on new revenue role
- Ability to describe their sales process and how they would approach the market
- Demonstrable sales figures going back a number of years
- A relevant degree would be ideal
- As would any other European languages
- Proximity to London airports would be helpful
The base salary for this role will be between £70,000 and £100,000. On top of this there is a generous commission package and benefits including private healthcare, pension, travel expenses and 22 Days Holiday.