Category Strategy Lead - FTC
As the contracted Commercial Strategy Lead you are responsible for defining and designing the UK Commercial Go to Market Strategy for the mid-long term horizon. You will design a clear process to ensure this FMCG branded business can implement the plan post this role ending and identify capability gaps in the current organisation and recommend areas to up skill.
A privately owned company that manufactures a number brand leading UK confectionery products.
You will be responsible for leading the agenda on the impending HFSS legislation, understanding the legislation and how best to navigate commercially, ensuring a share growth plan in line with a 3 year vision. You will collaborate with all departments including Sales, Marketing, Trade Marketing and Finance ensuring the plans works across the brands, customers and the category.
You will work with Sales and Trade marketing to understand what is needed to win in the UK Trade and support marketing with the plan. You will also lead on the wider sustainability piece designing the plan to hit the carbon footprint goals for 2025.
- Lead the UK Commercial Go to Market Strategy (price and pack architecture)
- Understand UK legislation on HFSS, plastics taxes and pum littering
- Proven track record of commercial strategy (MS&P) and external sales roles
- Ideally would have category development/trade marketing experience
- Proven success in defining, designing and executing Go To Market Commercial Strategy
- Step changed changed price/promo/pack size
- Experience of influencing global marketing teams
- Strong leadership and influencing skills and ability to operate strategically and in the detail.
- Strong commercial acumen
- IT skills of excel and knowledge of IRI/Kantar
A highly competitive annualised salary & package for a 6-8 month fixed term contract