Group Finance Director
A private equity backed Fintech business based in the South West of England requires an experienced Finance Director to support the CFO in delivering ambitious growth targets by supporting on M&A activity, as well as establishing a best-in-class group finance function.
With only a small team of 7 in place and aspects of finance currently outsourced, the successful candidate will need to be comfortable initially operating in a hands on manner, but must also be able to support on a more strategic basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Redefining and developing the financial controls framework for the expanding group.
- Acting as business partner to the CFO and other senior executives to support in key decision making.
- Oversight of both the financial accounting/reporting and FP&A teams.
- Hiring and developing a team of business partners and coaching the wider business to adopt a more commercial outlook and approach, ultimately resulting in improved margins and organic growth opportunities.
- Preparing reports for, and presenting to the PE investors, and other external stakeholders.
- Provide analysis of market trends, competitors, internal capabilities, and the financial climate, to guide and support strategic planning.
- Lead on the development of group-wide budgeting, forecasting, and planning.
- Lead on integrations of future acquisitions with the support of the Financial Controller and controls team.
- Ensure all statutory and regulatory reporting (FCA) requirements are met, as well as oversight of board reporting, the annual and interim audit and all year end requirements.
- Lead on a range of key finance and business-wide projects and initiatives.
- Deputise for the CFO as required, as well as assist the CFO with commercial activities including future acquisitions, funding rounds, etc.
- Qualified accountant.
- Strong experience in both financial reporting and business partnering.
- Natural gravitas with the ability to present to and support external and internal stakeholders.
- Proven experience gained from within another regulated industry.
- Fintech or Financial Services experience is highly preferrable.
- Prior Private Equity experience desirable.
- The proven ability to thrive and add value within a fast paced and growing environment.
- Previous experience of M&A.
Apply for Group Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly