Head of Site Operations
6 days left
This position will be responsible for leading the UK ground operations teams, continually maintaining and expanding our sites to meet our growth expectations and will work closely with supply planning to ensure we deliver excellent service to our customers whilst improving efficiency in our operations.
Lintbells are the experts in dog mobility with the UK's No.1 joint supplement YuMOVE treating over 1 million dogs a day.
Notoriously ambitious, over the last 3 years to December 2019 sales have doubled and in 2020, despite COVID19, sales have continued to grow at over 40% p.a.
Lintbells are on a journey to be the most trusted dog mobility brand in the world, that takes focus and dedication.
- We are bold and make brave decisions and we lead the pack
- We are the architects of our future, we're strategic, focused and optimistic.
- We deliver with pride and we all take full ownership in the part we play in the business.
- We keep moving and striving for improvement is in our DNA
- We invest time and trust in building long-term, meaningful relationships.
- We understand first-hand the connection between an owner and pet, and it's our duty to make those moments happen for longer.
As the Head of Operations you will be responsible for leading the Warehouse / B2B Fulfilment and D2C Fulfilment teams through 3 direct reports and a supporting team. Reporting to the Global Operations Director and based at the operation in Hitchin your key responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the warehouse operation - i.e. goods in / out, storage, stock movement, dispatch.
- Ensure the team is high performing - proactively work to support, develop and coach them.
- Play a bit part in carrying out the strategy and delivering on the roadmap and objectives.
- Encourage strong collaboration and alignment between supply planning, commercial and operations.
- Instill a pro-active and motivated culture.
- Lead site projects to build capacity, automate and improve efficiency to meet future growth.
- Build, report and deliver on KPIs - e.g. lost time, fulfilment rate, dispatch rate, pick accuracy, loading, replenishment, etc.
- Maintain strong health & safety and hygiene standards.
- Responsible for managing operational labour spend - ensuring the right resource is in place to manage growth and volatility.
- Continually driving performance improvements, cost saving and efficiencies without impacting service.
- Ensure fulfilment of customer's requirements and providing the best service possible.
- Work closely with other functions to improve efficiency and costs.
- Influence, collaborate and communicate effectively with many external and internal stakeholders.
- Supporting the Global Operations Director and other senior stakeholders where required.
You will need to live within a commuting distance of the site in Hitchin and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Experience of leading multi-functional high performing warehouse operational teams
- Strong operations experience - particularly in fast-growing, ever-changing and entrepreneurial environments
- Track record of improving warehouse performance and service delivery to customers across B2B and D2C
- Experience in building and improving operations processes to increase accuracy and efficiency
- Comfortable with managing sites, including any building and maintenance
- Experience in some level of automation / manufacturing a plus
- Excellent organisation skills, to plan the use of people and resources to meet objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills, to influence internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to manage budgets effectively
- Able to take on new initiatives quickly, dealing well with ambiguity
- Good communication and influencing skills, to manage expectations
- The ability to use your initiative and make decisions under pressure
- You enjoy and are able to balance strategic thinking with being hands-on
- You drive to make things happen, using pragmatism and logic like a true 'self-starter'
- You are enthusiastic and willing to challenge the status quo
- You are a team player.
The successful Head of Site Operations will receive a salary between £60,000 and £65,000 plus additional benefits that will include:
- Performance-related bonus
- Perkbox Membership
- Pension (4% matched contribution)
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave with option to buy more days