Transport Operations Manager
6 days left
- Big site Transport Operations Manager for a Leading 3PL Business
- Great opportunity to add you mark and lead operations excellence on a flagship site
My client is a leading 3PL based in Worcester they are looking for a high performing Transport Operations Manager to lead and develop the Transport Operation. They are within the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Sector and deliver FMCG throughout the South and Wales.
- To ensure Site fulfil their responsibilities relating to the distribution of the contract based at Worcester DC and assisting within the network.
- The role will co-ordinate the customer's requirements ensuring customer satisfaction and procedural conformance whilst ensuring contractual obligations are met and timely reporting of relevant KPI and financial information.
- Management of a large team of drivers plus agency and support staff along with fleet, compliance and all transport equipment in an ever changing environment whilst meeting daily KPI and service requirements.
- Responsible for managing change positively and effectively by pro-actively managing operational planning and changing customer requirements.
- To continually control cost ensuring the transport operation meets or exceeds budget targets.
- To monitor transport operations activities ensuring that contractual obligations for the customer are achieved, generating solutions for improvement where necessary.
- To ensure that the transport function is legally compliant by ensuring correct compliance processes are in place, and monitored within the O-licence regulations
- To ensure that the use of core/agency staff, own fleet/hire vehicles and subcontractors are optimised in line with business requirements (i.e. resource levels are appropriate for the volumes)
- Take responsibility for health and safety and the co-ordination of associated activities.
- Ensure a customer focused approach whilst being responsive to customer requirements. Create excellence in customer relationship management by improving the service offered.
- Work closely with the management team keeping them informed of any changes and initiatives taken on continuous improvement or cost changes.
- Assist with budget preparation with the Logistics management team as required.
- To ensure absence and holiday cover is in place for the role and also assist in absentee and holiday cover where required.
- To ensure good quality communication with the customer on a day to day basis and to deliver any agreed actions required to keep the operation efficient.
- Discrepancy resolution and management of customer service issues ensuring customer service levels meet or exceed the contractual agreement
The successful Transport Manager will have the following attributes:
- Have experience working in a similar role, dealing with drivers on a daily basis
- Have managed large operational budgets and Open book contracts
- Food, Retail or FMCG exposure
- Proven track record in process improvement in Cost, OTIF and Driver Engagement
- Have strong knowledge of all relevant transport legislation and be able to hold the O' licence
- Worked with Paragon or have an awareness of the planning software
- Be a strong people manager
- Have strong passion for the role and drive to make change
- Hold an International/ National CPC
- Live within commutable distance of Worcester
The successful Transport Operations Manager will receive;
Salary - £50,000 - £53,000
Car Allowance - £6,000
PHC + Family