Technical Writer (Energy Sector)
4 days left
Our client is a UK specialist team of copy writers and designers that focuses its services within the energy sector working with leading international clients on fascinating technical subject matter. The team are customer facing who have had first-hand experience in the energy, technology and environmental sectors. This background knowledge enables the team to understand what customers want, interpret project briefings and ask the right questions to deliver effective communication strategies and collateral. The business writes and edits brochures, magazines and technical articles and their design and visualisation work includes animations, exhibition stands, websites and brochures. Some of the projects include socio economic impact reports for countries through to white papers, global standard sustainability reports and strategic stakeholder management campaigns.
The Role & Responsibilities
The company is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and diligent senior writer to join its editorial team. The person will write technical marketing articles and various types of copy for clients that are mostly in the international energy sector, within a broad range of topics increasingly focused on renewable energy and energy transition technologies.
Core responsibilities will entail the following:
- Writing feature articles, case studies, news articles, websites and brochures and other marketing material, often on technical subjects and from supplied notes or phone/Internet interviews
- Responding to and liaising with external and internal clients
- Client management and building good customer relationships to help grow the business
- Coordinating projects, including invoicing
- Ensuring that our rigorous editorial process is followed.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Specialist ‘Technical Writer’ and technical copy writing track records in the science and/or engineering/environmental fields
- A science or engineering degree/academic background
- Their ability to understand sometimes complex technical subjects and write clear, concise, complete, and accurate copy from written briefs, i.e. reference examples in a CV and bring examples to an interview
- An ability to implement various editorial style guides and writing practices
- Expertise in liaising with clients professionally and efficiently by phone and email
- Competence in coordinating multiple projects, including working with colleagues, tracking time and cost, and managing files appropriately.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have oil and gas, renewable energy, energy-transition/decarbonisation and/or engineering knowledge, and excellent communication skills, and will bring in new contacts and work.
If you are a suitably qualified Technical Writer and are interested in this exciting opportunity please email your CV to George Woodward from Novo Executive Search.
Apply for Technical Writer (Energy Sector)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly