Head of Engineering. Series A Startup. Fully Remote
6 days left
a superb opportunity to join a Series A Startup that is developing on a unique SAAS offering that has already got a heavyweight of clients as users. This is your chance to scale the engineering function from 6 to 40.
My client is building an intelligent behavioural security platform combining the power of science, data and cognitive computing technology. This is an opportunity to build a security solution that will impact the business and personal usage of the internet. This is your chance to come along and help accelerate growth.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- This is a partnership role with the CTO and CEO/founder. You'll be teaming up with product management to take ownership of innovation and delivery
- With the CTO you will design delivery processes and team structure to deliver great features for customers
- Collaboration with the product team and others to deliver technical architecture, business strategy, vision and long term product priorities
- Grow engineering skills, optimise team performance, individual mentorship and career management (progression, promotion, performance, retention)
- Contribute to a data driven and continuous improvement culture with a focus on engineering workflow efficiency, stability, scalability and security
- Own deliverables and design OKRs for engineering excellence, accounting for scalability & high availability, delightful UX and high product value
- Promote publicity and transparency for engineering.
You will ultimately be responsible for scaling from 6to 40 engineers.
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE'RE AFTER
- Cares about working with purpose
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity or change in the short term while keeping a focus on the long term
- An individual with high bandwidth, capable of prioritising with a clear understanding of the "WHY"
- Strong, informed opinions, but loosely held in the presence of other equally informed colleagues or data to the contrary
- Emotionally intelligent and able to build strong trust with leaders and employees of diverse backgrounds and experiences at all levels
- Responsible and accountable, strong attention to detail
- You are a capable, clear and inspiring communicator, written & presentation
- You challenge and support your colleagues
- You value diversity, equality and inclusion
THE SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU'LL NEED
- You can transform vision into product
- You are driven by results, and prefer an optimised team over heavy procedures and processes
- You strive to operate strategically but are willing to roll up your sleeves to get there
- You have significant leadership experience including:
- Designing and leading outstanding sizeable teams
- Strong personal network
- You have experience of working in product-led teams
- You can demonstrate strong employee retention with the capability to teach and professionally develop others
- You are technically capable, with deep knowledge and experience of modern practices, technologies and architectural principles
- You have the ability to make decisions that focus on value, considering users, customers, colleagues and the business
- You have experience working with remote & in-person teams
- As a leader you exercise autonomy, and communicate objectives eloquently and clear
- 10+ years in software engineering
- 5+ of engineering leadership
- Worked with or for enterprise SaaS startups and/or security products
- Designed and built data platforms
- Familiarity of our core tech stack (AWS, Python & React)
In return you will be offered:
- It's a full-time role earning £80,000 - £110,000 per year with pension plan and contribution by us.
- You will be eligible for a discretionary bonus at our year end (end of June).
- As a full time employee, you'll also be enrolled in the company options scheme and ultimately benefit from the value you will help create.
FULLY REMOTE with a base from London.
CVs under review now!