CFO PE Backed Support Services
The successful candidate will be joining the Board of Directors to provide financial and commercial leadership, direction and guidance. Their focus will be to develop and implement business strategies that will generate sustainable, profitable growth.
The CFO has overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and is expected to produce analysis, determine strategies and take hands-on action to generate the most profitable outcomes.
The CFO is expected to work closely with the Board of Directors and Senior Management Team and interact with staff at all levels as well as key clients.
We expect the successful candidate to be educated to degree level with a professional accountancy qualification.
Previous experience in a senior finance role is essential. Experience of being part of the senior team leading the growth of an SME business whilst embracing technology and driving efficiencies will be beneficial.
In addition to having the essential financial skills, the successful candidate will demonstrate commercial acumen and the ability to lead change whilst working closely with the Senior Management Team. They must have the vision to develop the business into a leading-edge company at the forefront of its sector.
The successful candidate will have the drive, ambition and commercial mind-set in order to drive the business forward - but they must also retain the integrity, prudence and self-awareness required to manage and control the company’s affairs effectively.
They will be a self-starter with a can-do approach, a passion for adding value and challenging the status quo whilst working alongside the CEO.
The successful candidate will implement strategies to significantly grow the revenue and profitability of the business whilst driving forward ongoing financial improvement across the business.
- Provision of financial leadership and guidance to the board and senior management team
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate
- Providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Overall responsibility for and control of the finance function and its outputs
- Leadership, management, mentoring and development of the finance team
- Responsible for all aspects of management information including forecasting, budgeting, reporting and associated analysis
- Development of added value KPIs with commentary and recommendations
- Management of external stakeholder relationships
- Management and timely delivery of all external reporting and compliance including the company’s legal and tax affairs
- Continuous review and improvement of financial controls, processes and systems such that they provide a stable platform for growth
- Engagement with employees across the business (the successful applicant needs to be an effective and influential communicator capable of explaining complex financial information in a user-friendly manner)
- Establish a close working relationship with the shareholders, directors and senior management team
- Overall responsibility for working capital and cash management
- Control over capital expenditure and product development processes
- Responsibility for financial modelling on commercial contracts
Excellent six figure basic salary with a car allowance, pension, private healthcare and bonus scheme. There is also a wealth creation opportunity attached in the form of an LTIP.