Area Civil Engineer
- Are you a civil engineer that wants to move into a commercial role?
- Have you completed a Structural Engineering degree and want a fresh challenge?
About Our Client
Tensar International is a world leader and expert in technology driven solutions for ground stabilisation and soil reinforcement.
Tensar supplies geosynthetic products and provides proven practical solutions for poor soil conditions affecting the cost of railways, roads and paved areas. The company also offers products for earth retaining walls and slopes, subgrade improvement and stabilisation, foundations, reinforcement of asphalt to extend pavement life and erosion protection products for soil slopes and waterways.
We have over 30 years' experience in manufacturing, developing and designing innovative, sustainable construction solutions as an alternative to traditional methods.
In that time our geogrid and geotextile products and systems have been rigorously tested by national authorities, leading universities and independent laboratories.
These high performance solutions have been used in thousands of civil engineering projects across the globe, from roads, runways, embankments, working platforms, railways, ports, housing, retail and commercial developments to mining, erosion prevention and waste industry applications. In fact, wherever grade changes require retaining walls or slopes, weak ground needs stabilising or asphalt pavements needs reinforcing for better performance, Tensar International has the answer.
Tensar Technology is all about helping you save time, reduce costs and realise major environmental benefits by solving complex construction problems simply. Using our innovative, proven technologies, extensive industry experience and know-how we can improve the bottom line on your project.
Our extensive world-wide network of sales offices, manufacturing facilities and distributors offers you full support too, while our team of design and applications engineers can work with you from the outset to help you achieve your objectives on time and within budget.
The Area Civil Engineer will work as part of the commercial team in order to deliver technical solutions to their customers. The role will see the successful candidate deliver world class customer service, whilst also offering the correct technical solution from an array of Tensar products and services.
- Generate new leads through representing Tensar at industry events, building personal and organisational credibility.
- Follow up qualified sales leads that are provided by lead generation.
- Offer solutions to clients that turn qualified leads into sales, building trust by managing expectations honestly and openly throughout the process
- Regularly update Tensar's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system in the upkeep and management of customer and sales data.
- Meet Key Performance Indicator (KPI's) as agreed with your line manager.
- Maintain and build client relationships through regular contacts such as lunchtime presentations and workshops.
- Project manage opportunities from inception to delivery taking responsibility for commercial aspects and managing customer expectations where required.
- Contribute to the growth of clients in the region and sector by demonstrating a deep understanding of their needs.
- Become a trusted advisor to the customer by establishing credibility and delivering excellent customer service.
- Regularly seek and act on feedback from prospects as well as clients that lead to growth on both a personal and organisational level
- Maintains own development to ensure that Tensar is able to maintain its position as a key player in our sector and continue to deliver appropriate services to customers
- Actively create and share knowledge with colleagues and engage with internal customers to drive innovation.
The Successful Applicant
The idea Area Civil Engineer will demonstrate the below competencies:
- An excellent communicator that is able to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Being an expert in civil engineering, you will be able to lead on technical problem solving with the customers.
- Inspires confidence as a trusted adviser by establishing customers detailed needs in order to provide meaningful options with realistic delivery timescales.
- Makes sound decisions, having quickly and accurately analysed data and sought others suggestions and perspectives, then proactively demonstrates flexibility in supporting team
- Constantly seek feedback from clients and colleagues in order to constantly improve performance and the Tensar brand.
- Offer support and guidance to colleagues through sharing knowledge and expertise where necessary in order to be apart of the teams collaboration.
- Degree educated or equivalent experience in Civil Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Experience of consultative technical selling based on specifications and value would be advantageous, but isn't a pre-requsite.
- A strong understanding of retaining structures would be highly beneficial.
- Commercially aware and astute
- Good IT skills with practical experience of Microsoft Office, CRM and other data management systems
- Self-motivated and focused on achieving sector targets for own region and across Tensar
- Clear, confident and credible communicator
What's on Offer
Competitive package depending upon experience
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFEJN0320212179699Z
Apply for Area Civil Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly