Export Logistics Manager
You will lead the export logistics function for this leading brand during an exciting period of growth.
Our client is a leading brand that is going through an exciting period of growth.
The Export Logistics Manager will report in to the CFO and will be responsible for managing the export and logistics team. The primary focus is on the arrangement of shipments by liaising with carriers and forwarders, creation of shipping documentation and general enquiries. Based at our clients HQ in East Kent, the role requires a high level of flexibility in order to meet the changing needs to the business. This role is an integral link between our clients internal teams and external trade customers and therefore requires the holder to act as an ambassador for the business at all times. Other key responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the completion of all export documentation and legal compliance.
- Manage and develop the Export and Logistics team; setting individual objectives, monitoring performance and conducting regular team meetings.
- Providing a First-Class Customer and Sales Support Service to all customers at all times.
- Liaise with the 3rd party warehouse re dispatching of exported goods.
The successful Export Logistics Manager will be able to commute regularly to East Kent and be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Direct experience in managing an Export/Customs/Shipping function.
- Current working knowledge of all logistics and export legislation is essential.
- Possess a working knowledge of commercial invoices, VAT, incoterms, and general customs delivery paperwork.
- Demonstrable leadership and team engagement skills.
- Possess strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Be able to demonstrate first class customer service skills and an ability to build key relationships.
- You must be able to react to changing situations, i.e. problems that arise outside standard processes
A competitive basic salary and benefits will be on offer to the successful candidate.