Chief Executive - Association for Project Management (APM)
Association for Project Management (APM) is an educational charity, committed to developing and promoting the value of project management in order to deliver improved project outcomes for the benefit of society.
The Association aims to deliver public benefit through its work supporting the project professional by setting leading standards, promoting and facilitating education, raising awareness, growing the talent pipeline and supporting research. In addition, APM collaborates with government and other professional bodies working in the public interest, invests in major research projects into the profession’s economic contribution and plays a leading role in advocating for reducing the carbon footprint of projects.
APM recieved its Royal Charter in 2017; this achievement has brought additional prestige and credibility to APM and to the profession as a whole.
This is an exciting time to join APM; an organisation reaching its 50th anniversary with history of achievement and growth. There are clear opportunities ahead; project management will be part of the strategy to build Britain back up, post-Brexit and post-Covid-19.
The Chief Executive is ultimately responsible to the Board for the operational management of the Association’s affairs and delivery of its strategic goals to successfully support its charitable objects.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with the Board of Trustees to maintain relevant strategic objectives in line with the vision and mission for APM. They will lead and co-ordinate the delivery of APM’s operations through effective deployment of APM’s resources, maintaining the goodwill and support of members and ensuring a proper balance between the Association’s public, professional, business and performance-related imperatives such that the strategic objectives are met.
APM are looking for a first class Chief Executive to take on this leading role in changing Britain; someone who has the skills and drive to match their ambition and make their goals a reality. You will be supported by an enthusiastic and committed Board of Trustees, a strong Leadership Team and an excellent cadre of staff and volunteers.
You will have:
- A successful track record of operating in a senior leadership position in a comparably complex organisation
- A successful track record of leadership in a dynamic and changing environment, with demonstrable success in developing and implementing sustainable organisational, process and culture change and performance improvement
- Experience of working in a complex external environment and of meeting the needs of a multiple range of stakeholders
- Excellent public speaking abilities
- Proven people leadership skills with proven experience of leading, motivating and engaging diverse and high-performing teams, with the ability to delegate appropriately and actively develop the capabilities of staff at all levels
- Demonstrable expertise in developing and delivering strategy, policy and business plans
- Exposure to working with an international or global business
For comprehensive information about APM, the role of Chief Executive and the person they are looking for, please download the Candidate Information Pack.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this role, please provide:
- An up-to-date CV that illustrates your recent achievements and includes the details of two referees
- A supporting statement that outlines your motivation for applying and addresses the criteria in the full Person Specification found in the Candidate Information Pack
If you would like to have an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact Melissa Baxter on 07789 985229 / email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 12 April 2021
Preliminary interviews with Russam: Week commencing 19th April 2021
Interviews with APM: Week commencing 10th May 2021