Trustees - UK Community Foundation
UK Community Foundations (UKCF)
Appointment of Independent Board Members
UKCF is the national charity for local communities and a highly regarded membership organisation for Community Foundations. As the umbrella organisation, UKCF provides a national voice for the network of 46 community foundation members that reaches every nation and region of the UK. As one of the few funders with national reach, UKCF can provide an agile, well-governed, and responsive solution to donors be they government, companies, individuals, or charitable trusts. UKCF has a unique place in the not for profit sector and is proud of the social capacity-building in communities that this involves.
We are seeking to appoint new Trustees to join the Board at an exciting time of the organisation’s development. There is a new strategic plan, a refreshed team and a new Chair at the helm. Exceptional opportunities lie ahead, including campaigning for the release of dormant assets, digital transformation, a network wide equity, diversity and inclusion programme and engaging with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals which will provide a focus until 2030.
We are specifically looking for new Independent Board members who can bring any one or more of the following attributes to the Board of UKCF together with an appreciation and passion of the wonders of Community in its many forms: -
- Lived experience of the communities covered by UKCF
- A recognition of the associated benefits and challenges that diversity brings
- Experience of philanthropy / fund-raising (whether major-donor/grass-roots campaigns or links with professional advisors)
- An understanding of Government and Whitehall networks (associated with policy and practice in relation to Community)
- Marketing and communication experience
- Digital transformation expertise
- Experience of federated membership organisations and the challenges and opportunities they bring
- Change management in complex organisations
If you would like to be part of a forward-thinking and progressive organisation and you can bring energy, commitment and a breadth of knowledge and expertise to Board, we would like to hear from you.
For more information about the role and application process, please visit: https://search.green-park.co.uk/ukcf-trustee/
Closing date: 11:59pm Monday 26 April 2021