We are looking for someone who will help us realise our business vision for a cloud-agnostic IOT platform that will provide our customers, suppliers and partners with seamless connected services delivered through an industry-leading global platform that will generate new income streams for our business and also help drive down costs through the use of data analytics.
At Jaguar Land Rover, We're reinventing what tomorrow looks like. There's a revolution underway in our industry - and we're leading it. We've always been innovators. But our future will be driven by the possibilities created by new technologies as never before.
Jaguar Land Rover has long pushed the boundaries of technology. Now digital innovation lies at the heart of our business - because it is central to our future strategy. We are focused on the development of electric, connected and driver less cars that will reshape the whole industry. Joining us is your chance to help redefine who we are and where we're going.
The Solution Architect role sits within the software development centre for digital engineering in Manchester.
The role is responsible for:
- Continually collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure needs will be met in the architecture
- Providing direction through the definition of target and transition architectures to satisfy the perspectives of different stakeholders
- Identifying technical and architectural risk and defining the solution options for mitigation
- Identifying the need for key design decisions (KDDs) and managing their path through architecture governance
- Validating KDDs through the execution of architectural prototypes in collaboration with software engineering
- Evolving the system architecture based on new demand and architectural prototyping
- Continually exploring and sharing technology opportunities that will improve the physical architecture and help drive further value for the business
Continually defining and evolving reference architectures and design patterns that drive standardisation, architectural reuse and architecture development productivity
The Successful Solution Architect will:
- Architecture Development Methods
- Solid knowledge of the solution architecture discipline, ideally as part of a recognised agile SDLC
- Knowledge of developing architecture using a recognised framework, e.g. TOGAF
- Ideally from a software engineering background
- Desirable Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Cloud architectures
- Message-driven architectures
- Real-time data and stream processing
- Micro services-based architectures
- IOT architectures
- Relational, non-relational databases (NoSQL), time-series databases, data lakes and analytics
Based in Manchester City Centre we are easily commutable form all the surrounding areas, this is an opportunity to get in early and be apart of a new exciting team within Jaguar Land Rover,
This role will be suitable for current Solution Architect or a Software Developer with strong knowledge of UML, Architecture and who is looking to take that next step in their career.
With excellent benefits and exciting opportunities be be involved with next gen seamless cars this is an opportunity not to be missed.